xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
phate

Gyration Mouse THe Coolest mouse ever invented

I have just found the coolest mouse ever. Its made by Gyration and the way it works is that the mouse when the 3D mode is activated, the mouse senses where it is located in a 3D cube, and when moved on either of the threre axis X,Y,Z it will move the mouse.

As well as having a 3D mode if you place the mouse down on a flat surface them mouse will change over to a standard mouse. In addition to woking as a mouse it also has a mode, when the mouse is in 3D mode you can make certain gestures that will make your computer do predefined macros or functions. This is probably the best mouse for people with limited mouse space and people looking for a new gadget to try out :lol:

If you want more information got to http://www.gyration.com/

I'll never know how this Gyration Air Mouse works until I've viewed the demonstration video. It's pretty cool and really able to move the mouse pointer around without the mouse on the desk. It works in mid-air! Wow I should say. Any physical actions on the mouse can also be assigned to do certain tasks, like opening your email client, surf the internet, and even navigate inside Windows Explorer. You should view the video to see how it works.

Video Demonstration - Right-click Save As to Download..

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Another alternative to this mouse is the Razer Gaming Mouse. It's indeed a gaming mouse with the highest precision and sensitivity among the mouse developers. On the other hand, the Razer mouse looked pretty sleek with cool neon glowing effect when viewed in the dark. Its mice were used in WCG (World Cyber Games) and many gaming events.

http://www.razerzone.com/

I would say in terms of quality, Razer wins as it has the important factor of sensitivity and high defination. Without a proper mouse sensitivity, it isn't anymore a mouse. Gyration mouse on the other hand is innovative as there isn't any such 3D features be incorporated into a mouse. In future when applications really go 3D, like having your files in different directories in the form of walking in a corridor like in Doom3 game, this mouse will definately be useful and probably all mouse developers will follow this standard.

Nice findout...

Very cool! I think i want one. Although I want all the new technolgy. lol. I'm not sure how much i would use such a thing though. I like resting my hand on my desk. lol

To be honest, I don't see a whole lot of use for this, aside from some games and gesture-shortcuts. Although it would be neat, I doubt that operating systems will ever have a Doom-like enviroment, in which you walk into rooms that contain information, turning your computer's hard drive into a maze. This would be overly complex and unnnecessary. Why spend half a minute walking down a corridor into a room labelled "Desktop" and choose a little pad labeled "phonenumbers.txt" when one could scroll over using one's mouse and double-click, opening the file in a mere fraction of the time required to do it as if it were a game. As I said, except for some detailed 3D games, 3D-based shortcut gestures, and maybe some kinds of desigining software (i.e. 3D modelling), I really don't see that this will be very useful.

To be honest, I don't see a whole lot of use for this, aside from some games and gesture-shortcuts. Although it would be neat, I doubt that operating systems will ever have a Doom-like enviroment, in which you walk into rooms that contain information, turning your computer's hard drive into a maze. This would be overly complex and unnnecessary. Why spend half a minute walking down a corridor into a room labelled "Desktop" and choose a little pad labeled "phonenumbers.txt" when one could scroll over using one's mouse and double-click, opening the file in a mere fraction of the time required to do it as if it were a game. As I said, except for some detailed 3D games, 3D-based shortcut gestures, and maybe some kinds of desigining software (i.e. 3D modelling), I really don't see that this will be very useful.

Why not? I've even tried 3D desktop awhile ago and the software was done by 3rd party companies. There's one that really makes you walk in a room to the kitchen or elsewhere so simulate opening another directory.

Download 3DNA and try out.. There's a free version..

http://dp.g.doubleclick.net/apps/domainpark/domainpark.cgi?client=&domain_name=ww1.3dna.net&channel=&drid=&output=html

Posted Image

Check out it's gallery to find more interfaces for your 3D desktop.

http://dp.g.doubleclick.net/apps/domainpark/domainpark.cgi?client=&domain_name=ww1.3dna.net&channel=&drid=&output=htmlproducts/gallery.htm

It certainly does seems like a unique mouse but the problems I see is that most programs don't support a mouse that works with three dimensions because they don't need to. Also, holding your arm up for even a few minutes would get very tiring and your arm would get soar very quickly if you kept moving it.

Edited by Arigato (see edit history)

I'll certainly give it a try, Inspiron, but as I said, if one wants to quickly and easily access files, such as games, videos, music, text, websites, etc., the current style of desktops (2D) seems a much easier and more efficient way to do it.

I'll certainly give it a try, Inspiron, but as I said, if one wants to quickly and easily access files, such as games, videos, music, text, websites, etc., the current style of desktops (2D) seems a much easier and more efficient way to do it.

Yes I agree with you..! Having your explorer in total 3D Doom like room interface will certainly take more time to access your files since you have to travel or walk virtually to different rooms. What's worst is when you've walked into the wrong room or you've forgotten the password, as the virtual key, to your room, as the directory. However it's certainly very nice idea to implement on gamer's desktop. Gamer's sure will love it..

Businessmen on the other hand should hate them as they suppose to fetch files easier and faster. They also need more room on the virtual desk to place their work on it so as to access them right away without moving into different directories. For this, SphereXP has a good 3D interface where you are virtually in the middle of a sphere while all your programs and directories floats around on the surface of the sphere. You can even scroll top to bottom, left or right to search your directories. This feature gives ample room on desk for people who wants quick access to their files, while still giving a nice 3D graphical effect.

Well, i feel it's nice to have a unique kind of mouse available to use, but as said in one or two of the posts above, there could be compatibilty problems as only one or two applications may actually be able to run the mouse hardware. (These kinds of mouse are bound to be different to others in my opinion).The rest of the applications may not function correctly as they aren't use to mice that move around in the air or radio frequencies.Also, some of these programs may not be used to the sensitivity, so many programs would most likely be uncontrollable due to the mouse being too sensitive.However, on the other hand, it really can be an advantage if you need the extra room or want to be unique and have a different kind of mouse to the basic ones (if you can't resist being different and having different types of hardware to other people!).I don't think I'll have one of these though or even bother looking out for one. There's lots more that could go wrong, for example, there's the radio frequency or even something like the usb connection.This is just my opinion anyway. Maybe if they were more popular and I knew there won't any problems, I'd change my mind!

Man, these mouses are awesome.But really, is there SO much of a difference between a highly expensive 3d , or razer mouse.Compared to say a 5$ optical walmart mouse?I just bought the cheapie and it works fine.