xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Farseed

Nebulose Posting Credits ...or, how/why does my count go up/down?

First, I've read every prepared FAQ, tutorial and user post I could find on this subject. If I missed something, please give me a break. :lol:I understand I gain points depending on the size and quality of my posts. I also understand that some forums give no post count.First, how exactly are posts graded? I'm not going to bicker over degrees of quality becoming numbers, but I'd like to understand how the numbers work at least. Some formula involved?Second, I just witnessed (like a crime!) my hosting credits decrease. What would make that happen? I rarely quote, and I use original material always. Why did I lose those credits? I feel like I was punished somehow. :lol:Third, how can I see how many credits a particular post has earned? I would have a better handle on the system if I could at least see how my posts rate.I'm not trying to take advantage of this wonderful system, just trying to work within its bounds and help it grow. I'm considering moving my community based site to Xisto for hosting, and I could bring more members along with me. Help me understand what's up. Thanks :lol:I see now where a previous post of mine was edited with quotes now, effectively reducing the word content and disqualifying the the meat of the post as non-earning. I'd be happy to authenticate my work. I offered in the post that it was mine, along with the blog reference.I'll be more careful in the future to not plagiarize my own work. No, wait a minute...

First, how exactly are posts graded? I'm not going to bicker over degrees of quality becoming numbers, but I'd like to understand how the numbers work at least. Some formula involved?

Yes. But that formula is a confidential information that only OpaQue knows. It is set to count only the "proper" English words.

Second, I just witnessed (like a crime!) my hosting credits decrease. What would make that happen? I rarely quote, and I use original material always. Why did I lose those credits? I feel like I was punished somehow. :lol:

Perhaps this post you made http://forums.xisto.com/topic/36029-merry-christmas-a-feel-good-story-for-selfless-technophiles/ and my edit have something to do with it.

Third, how can I see how many credits a particular post has earned? I would have a better handle on the system if I could at least see how my posts rate.

Go to the main page of the forum, just under the shoutbox and the ad banner, you'll see another box with your hosting credits showing.
I personally would like to endorse your posting style. Keep up the good posts! :lol:

Thanks for the explanations.re: The Formula. Understood, say no more.re: The Edit. Erm, ok.re: Post Credits. I understand how to see the total post count. Is there a way to view the credits given for an individual post? As in, "This post has earned you xxx credits."Thanks a bunch!

re: Post Credits. I understand how to see the total post count. Is there a way to view the credits given for an individual post? As in, "This post has earned you xxx credits."

Make a note of your credit count before you submit your next post. Then you can subtract the difference and then calculate with the words count you've posted.

However, there are other variables. It depends on your member level, forum section, sequential posting time and sometimes the frequency of your post... :lol: just to keep you on your toes.