xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bad-Boy

Whats Problem With My Window

Here is mine a big problem with a little solution, which may be suggested by you :...

When ever i get instaaled windows xp , it works very nice unless i not use my internet connection...

the problem that i got with my window is that , when i am using mine net , with in 2 to three minutes i got an error message as: " Restart Windows" with a time limit of 1:00 minute. And the worst is that that error window can't be closed ' so i have to last all mine important work..Some one told me to "enable" the firewall of mine internet connection , i tried it but in vain....my another friend asked me to delete SVCHOST.EXE file .. But i was unable to find that file... :lol: So when ever i got this problem i have to reintall my window....so please an one of my buddies suggest me what shuold be done..

Edited by Bad-Boy (see edit history)

This sounds awefully like a virus which was going around a couple years ago. This Microsoft KB article should help you. There are a few removal tools out there which take care of the problem quick and easily. Of course you might wanna post more information or make sure for yourself that actually is the problem and not something else.

I can confirm that this is most likely the Sasser worm that was going around a few years back, but was mostly cleared up. The problem with trying to get rid of the virus is that you can never stay online long enough to download any of the removal tools. Try and keep the command line window open (Start > Run > "cmd" > Run...). Whenever the box appears making the PC shutdown, type this into the command line:

CONSOLE

shutdown -a

That will stop the countdown. As for removal tools, try Symantec. Their tools are generally reliable and I actually had to use this exact tool on a PC a few years ago, and it cleared it up a treat.

If you keep getting this virus, get some firewall and antivirus software! Symantec make Norton, which is very reliable and, although some claim it is resource hogging, it seems to work perfectly on every system I have tried it on. There are also a lot of free ones, just check out the Freeware section of this forum.

Oh its great , that two replies really helped me to get rid of that Awefull panic situation , that i was having from the lost 2 months , infact nice information about that particular problems.

thank you buddies , for your nice sharing .

have a great day. :lol:

It sounds like you are having the Blaster Worm or something similar. This virus will simply make you shutdown your computer everytime you are connected to the internet. If your system is not protected, this virus will automatically infect your system from the internet. There is a prevention for this.

If you are going to reformat and reinstall Windows again, make sure that you first install a firewall and an antivirus software, all configurated properly, before connection to the internet. And after you've connected to the internet, do not attempt to visit any other sites or connect instant messengers or any other programs that require internet connection. Instead, go to Windows Update and update your operating system immediately. Download all critical updates and install them. Repeat the updating process without connecting other programs that uses the internet until there are no further updates from the Windows Update site.

Do it likewise for your firewall and antivirus software. After all updating is complete, then you can proceed on enjoying your internet surfing and connect whatever programs you want to.

Below is a thread to a list of free firewall and antivirus software.
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/34146-free-security-software-list-antivirus-firewall-antispyware-gather-and-make-a-list-of-free-security-software-here/

Hi Buddies, here is the waye how to get rid of that particular problem. Last night i called mine computer teacher and told him my problem..And today i re-install my window to have the same problem again , when i came face to face with that awfull problem i did , what my teacher told me ....

here is the work which has to do....

Go to 'Control Panel'

Then select 'Administrative Tools'.

Open 'Services'.

Then on the right pane double click on 'Remote Procedure Call (RPC)' ,then on the third tab of the opened dialogue box , select "Take no action" instead of "Restart the computer" , in all the three Pop-Down boxes...

Then Press "Apply" and "Ok".

I don't now that , this content in the QUOTE is present on any other site or not , this was told to me by my computer teacher. And this really worked for me.. :lol:

Thank you Teacher..

Edited by Bad-Boy (see edit history)

Hi Buddies, here is the waye how to get rid of that particular problem. Last night i called mine computer teacher and told him my problem..And today i re-install my window to have the same problem again , when i came face to face with that awfull problem i did , what my teacher told me ....

here is the work which has to do....

I don't now that , this content in the QUOTE is present on any other site or not , this was told to me by my computer teacher. And this really worked for me.. :lol:

Thank you Teacher..[/color]

Infact , Buddy I was also having the same problem . And I just know that the that solution will only work with WIndows XP and if you are having the same problem while using Windows 2000 Then this will not work . I said it because I was having the same problem in my university lab on terminal PC . I tried to solve it by DISABLING " Remote Procedure Call " but that was in vain :lol: . Then I just plugged out the DSL cable , That works for me .......... <_<

You have the Blaster worm. Try downloading ZoneAlarm (http://www.zonealarm.com/) and enable that. Then update your Windows system with Windows Update. That should fix the problem, the worm is pretty old, and that should take care of it, if it doesn't, it is not the blaster worm. If you go into the command prompt and type shutdown -a, that will reset the countdown.