xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spawn_syxx9

Lord Of The Rings Rts': Which One To Get? yeah there are two out there

There is

Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring, a RTS which looks built upon by the Warcraft 3 engine and seems to have a lot of nice detail and I think that it probably is not based upon any of the characters in the movie but taken from the actual book. Made by Sierra games.

Official Site --> http://www.sophisticated-games.com/

Lord of the Rings: Battle for Middle Earth, part of the movie making machine which also liscensed a lot of other RPG and first person games, this one is actually detailed via the movies. The characters and everything possess the same look as the movie monsters and otherkin. Created by EA Games.

Official Site --> https://www.ea.com/games

So which one would you guys get? One modeled after the movie characters or one taken from the book(s)?

seems no one has responded so i guess i will. what you should do is download the demo of the War of the Ring and try it out. there is no demo for the Battle for Middle Earth so i guess you should look at the movies they have on their site.for me, i think LOTR Battle for Middle Earth looks much better. i think i tried War of the Ring a while back and it was only so-so. recently ive looked at B4ME and it seems to have some really nice features.

Go with battle for Middle Earth, definately. I own it and can say that it is a great game. It's not quite Age of Empires, but the fact that it's Lord of the Rings makes up for it. The graphics are rather nice and the new layout is great. Ther Heros/Monsters features are great. It lacks the difference between civilizations that Age of Empires 2 had, but it's still a great game.