xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jesse

Dentist

Well I never liked dentists to begin with, but my lastest experience has just showed me how much I REALLY hate them.You see recently I had a major toothache all weekend and couldn't do anything to get rid of it. So on Monday morning I went to the dentist, told him what tooth was causing me pain (which was tooth number 13 - what a surprise my unlucky number), and he had a look and said that he would remove it. Ok. A tooth removed to stop the pain, fine by me.So he took it out and I went home. But later during that night once the pain relief wore off the pain was back, and worse then ever. It was so bad that I had to go to the hospital. They called in their Emergency Dentist as the right side of my face was swelling extremly bad. He came in and said he would have to remove tooth "13" and I told him it was taken out the day before and he said that the other dentist took out tooth "15" ... damn how can they get that wrong ... I told him, I showed him what tooth was causing pain ...Well I hate dentists more then ever and never want to see one as long as I live again.

I too don't love the teeth medic, particularly for free.Once, I have fixed removing one of the teeth out upper jaw...After anesthetization medics have long talked on their interest. After anesthetization already nearly passed, they have finally recalled on me and solved not to spend on me much time, they deleted first caughted teeth, which they did not like ( rather then those, it is necessary was delete). Here is such physicians beside us! state

Wow i have never had any trouble with dentists. My denist is amazing. When she cleans your teeth it doesnt hurt and actually feels kinda good. Finally, if they have to do any work, they are so gentle and have not screwed up that i have no reason to complain.

Wow i have never had any trouble with dentists. My denist is amazing. When she cleans your teeth it doesnt hurt and actually feels kinda good. Finally, if they have to do any work, they are so gentle and have not screwed up that i have no reason to complain.

Well then I must say you are really lucky :lol: If this is the case with your dentist I wish I knew who it was and that they were near me. But this is something that I really doubt. Even though I really hate dentists now I have another upcoming visit in the coming weeks, and there is no way I am going back to the one I saw previouslly, so if your in Sydney and know a good dentist ... PLEASE let me know. I would prefer a female one, as I have heard so much about them being so gentle and causing less pain.

lol. .im sorry to hear your story .. ... im actually a dentist. well ill be graduating in 2 months..:lol: i can't believe the first dentist that you saw didn't know which tooth he was extracting but mistakes do happen. You just happened to be an unfortunate patient. So many people hate the dentists and i have to admit i dont enjoy going to the dentist either!

I too don't love the teeth medic, particularly for free.Once, I have fixed removing one of the teeth out upper jaw...After anesthetization medics have long talked on their interest. After anesthetization already nearly passed, they have finally recalled on me and solved not to spend on me much time, they deleted first caughted teeth, which they did not like ( rather then those, it is necessary was delete). Here is such physicians beside us! state

Haha, you type so oddly.. ^^ ..it's fun to have posters from other countries. Keep up the good work XD

I haven't been to a dentist in a while.. every time I go, they tell me I have too many teeth and need to get more pulled. After having 10 teeth pulled, I gave up. XD;
I do like going for cleanings and stuff, though.. it's nice to have that clean feeling. All the brushing in the world can't match that ^.~

At least your dentist does something. Every time I go to the dentist the nurse cleans my teeth and then the dentist comes and says hi and tells me I'm done. Yet he gets paid..... My old dentist was filling a cavity once and drilled too far into my gums. Of course I flinched and then she told me that I was acting like a baby because I thought it hurt. I wanted to drill through her gums...... Of course we switched dentists after. She also pulled one of my friend's teeth without pain killers... So really, I feel your pain.

Edited by Sinari (see edit history)

I have yet to have a bad experience with a dentist, but then again, I have near-perfect teeth heh. I've been to the dentist twice in my life and I could probably chew re-bar with these things. The first problem I've had with my teeth is just recently, my wisdom teeth are coming in. I thought 2 of them were coming in crooked but they straightened out. I'm glad to have been born with teeth darn-near made of marble heh. I've had bad hospital experiences though.

I don't go to the dentist anymore. When I was back in school the dentist was gonna rip out some teeth and i was going to get braces, the dentist put a general anasthetic on my gums and gave me "happy gas" also. The dentist neglected to mention to me that she would be shoving a huge needle into my gums, now I saw this huge needle after she jabbed me with it (it bleeping hurt even with the local anasthetic) and I'll never go back to a dentist for the rest of my life. I HATE YOU DENTISTS

I also dislike going to the dentist. One of the things I hate the most, and you'll find this odd, is waiting so long in the waiting room. I go to the dentist quickly to get it over with fast and they leave me there forever thinking about the pain I'm going to go through.And when they stick a needle in your mouth, they are supposed to rub anesthetic liquid over it and wait a minute or else it will hurt a lot.