xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Audentia

Was September 11th A Conspiracy?

Well, many have debated whether or not September 11th, 2001 in the United States (terrorist attacks) was a conspiracy. I wrote an article on it for my school paper, and I wanted it to share it with you:

Every time there is an event with the magnitude and tragedy of 9/11, there are conspiracy theorists running about, madly trying to come up with a new theory. The classic example of conspiracy theory before 9/11 is the assassination of President Kennedy, an issue that is still open for discussion today. So naturally, when an event so widespread and tragic such as September 11th, 2001 came along, the conspiracy theorists were all over it. Now, before I start this article, I want everyone here to know that I am in no way insane and I am not close minded. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but I am willing to see both sides of the story. Back to 9/11. The official explanation for the happenings of 9/11 by the U.S. Government is that a radical band of terrorists from Saudi Arabia flew planes into the Twin Towers in New York City and the Pentagon in Washington DC. When I first heard this explanation, it sounded perfectly reasonable. The U.S. Government created a whole group (the 9/11 Commission) to look into the attack and give a detailed report on what really happened on that day. However, after more careful research, my opinion began to shift.
The conspiracy theorists actually had, as I found out, quite convincing evidence that the U.S. Government may have set these attacks up as a reason to wage war on the Middle East. Additionally, Vice President *BLEEP* Cheney’s friends at Halliburton, along with other companies and individual stock holders, made lots of money after the attacks. There is a movie that is becoming popular on the internet called “Loose Change (Version 2)” ( Full version can be found here- http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ ) and after I watched the movie my views on this issue actually started to change. I’m guessing that many of your first thoughts reading this are “It’s google video, it’s probably some homemade video”. Well, you are sort of right. There is no fancy equipment, no famous actor narrating the film, and the video quality is not much better than a home video. Despite the lack of major studio backing for this movie, I found it very persuasive and hard to forget.

This movie and plenty of other websites are gathering large amounts of evidence that seem to point towards 9/11 being a conspiracy. For example, there is a theory that the two twin tower buildings collapsed because of a controlled demolition. There is video evidence showing that while the Twin Towers were collapsing, small explosions were occurring on the parts of the building which hadn’t collapsed yet. Many experts in the field of controlled demotions have looked at the video footage and have agreed that the collapsing of the towers did look staged. Still, many questions have not been answered. Why did World Trade Center 7 collapse when there is no recorded evidence of any fire or any reason for it to collapse? Why were there no remains of the airplane found at the Pentagon? Why were many shares of stock on American and United Airlines traded the day before 9/11? Why was a lot of vital information left out from the 9/11 Commission report? Why was a tape from a security camera from a gas station across from the Pentagon immediately confiscated by the CIA?

With evidence, of course, comes counter-evidence. When and if you can, visit snopes.com. It is a site which sets out to disprove urban myths and it has a whole page on debunking the 9/11 conspiracy. On snopes.com, a lot of the info ran counter to what I had just viewed in the movie, which puzzled me. As per example: The website states that there actually were remains of the plane found at the Pentagon. However, in the video “Loose Change”, it said there was none. This was puzzling. Were there remains found, or not? Also, snopes.com specifically challenged the idea of stocks being traded for American and United Airlines the day before 9/11.

After all my research and constantly changing opinions, however, I found the one question I could not answer was this: If the Pentagon were hit by a cruise missile (not by a plane carrying 230 passengers), as the movie and other conspiracy websites have claimed, then what happened to those 230 people on the “plane”? Did they disappear off the face of the Earth? I highly doubt that. There were public funerals and their families have been mourning over their deaths. This thought led me to doubt the idea of the conspiracy. There is no way that there was an actual terrorist attack on the Pentagon on the same day that there were staged terrorist attacks in New York City. I don’t see it happening. In coming to this conclusion, I almost felt a tinge of disappointment because there is something about conspiracies that make them very exciting. However, common sense tells me that the 230 people on the plane which hit the Pentagon couldn’t have just disappeared. And if they couldn’t have disappeared, the whole crazy conspiracy theory begins to unravel…And yet…

Edited by Audentia (see edit history)

Why would the US allow thousands of people to really die in order to wage war? There is no way that the US had faked the September 11 attacks, why would a country that bent on starting a war with the middle east purposly kill thousands of people? And to even suggest that they were down by the US will make the survivors and the Relatives of the deceased very very angry and sad! Sure in the Vietnam War American President had set up an attack to goto war so that they could try and win against communisimn, but they were savagly beaten as they underestimated the will power of the North Vietnamese. So i see no reason that the Americans would goto this extreme just to wage war.

Why would the US allow thousands of people to really die in order to wage war? There is no way that the US had faked the September 11 attacks, why would a country that bent on starting a war with the middle east purposly kill thousands of people? And to even suggest that they were down by the US will make the survivors and the Relatives of the deceased very very angry and sad! Sure in the Vietnam War American President had set up an attack to goto war so that they could try and win against communisimn, but they were savagly beaten as they underestimated the will power of the North Vietnamese. So i see no reason that the Americans would goto this extreme just to wage war.

Yes, those were my first thoughts as well. However, so many people in the government made money from the attacks. Sadly, put options (or trades of stocks) were placed abnormally on the airlines before the attacks and people (presumably friendly with Cheney/Bush) made loads of money. Also, the US wanted a reason to go to war with the Middle East so they could take their oil.

to be quite honest, there were better ways to wage a war. 1) claim that some guy ou don't like has weapons of mass destruction, tie that in with an actual threat to yor country - al queda and war on terrorism - lie your **bottom** off about the connection between this bad guy and al queda and then invade. lots of oil for everyone! yay!

Hmm.. this thread is a can of worms lol..Something similar happened in Germany a while back. A German government building was destroyed. Guess who had it done? Yep, Adolf Hitler. Guess who stepped in to "secure Germany from the terrorist attacks"? Again, Hitler. Then what did he do? Got power.. starting making laws, very much like the Patriot Act, and then took absolute power of Germany unto himself... and we saw what that did for him. Himself and a better portion of his kinsmen (yes, the Jews) killed. Um.. who are Bush's kinsmen?There is a very thin line between insane and stupid =)=)I'll stay out of this one now.(Oh oh! Goto google. In the search bar enter this: failure. Then instead of search, click I'm Feeling Lucky)

I do not think that this was a conspiracy, it's stupid to think that it was. Sure there was a video released a while back about how it could have happened but it didnt. That damn Bin Laden bombed us! We need to go find him and torture him and kill him!

Aha! Atlast someone willing to give me a few minutes on this topic to debate :lol:

I also think that 911 COULD be a conspiracy. The main reason i think this is because that damn bush, I think the american government had information about 911 before it happened, eg they knew it would happen, maybe not exact details but i think its pretty likely they knew when and where and maybe how. Why do i think this?

1) By allowing the attacks to go ahead bush has been able to spread fear and hatred of most of the eastern world ,evidence for this:

That damn Bin Laden bombed us! We need to go find him and torture him and kill him!

:lol: Lots of people hate Bin laden which gives Bushy and his little pet dog Blair a reason to go to war..it also gives them moral backup. If their countries belive that an invasion is right they wont revolt they will support the government and the armed forces will feel more happy about killing innocent people.
2) notice how bushy and blairy have steadilly tried to increase their reign of terror over the east, afganistan (could be spelt wrong) iraq, now iran and i do belive there was a scuffle about china? or maybe im wrong but if i am it wont be long...

American and english governments, for some reason are spreading propaganda about the east, how we cant trust them, about how they are against us. All the news tells us is things like " 10 dead in iraq" "Fears over irans nuclear projects"

Also dont you find it strange that the whitehouse is still standing....personally if i was a terrorist against america id get a few likeminded friends, some tourist outfits and go walking past the whitehouse gates...pull out 2 rpg's each and hit it hard... strange how that never happened...strange how no attack against the whitehouse happened...and also how the president wasnt even there. Maybe he doubted his safety thee so went off to a school to listen to stories read by children. Bet he hasnt done that very often, if at all since or before the attacks.

This could be a really interesting thread to hear both sides of this story...I also didnt know about the series of mini explosions in the towers which i will now research. :lol:

PS i have nothing against americans, nor english (as i am english) but i do belive that our governmnets are evil, terrorist bullies and should be destroyed.

I doubt it was a conspiracy. Only propaganda against the current government. I do not think that the White House would murder thousands of their own people just to have an excuse for war. The attack was the terrorists fault, not Bush's.

I doubt it was a conspiracy. Only propaganda against the current government. I do not think that the White House would murder thousands of their own people just to have an excuse for war. The attack was the terrorists fault, not Bush's.

You'd be suprised what people will do for power. See my previous post. It may not be able to be blamed solely on the president, but you can bet him and much of the rest of our government had a hand in things. There are too many facts to support otherwise.