xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
X^Fr0sT^X

For Your Hardware Driver Needs

Hi, ive found a very interesting website called driverguide its very usefullwen trying to find some driver its very excellent ive been using it and findall drivers i wanted, the only thing is that there's too many driversvariations and if u dont know the specific need it would be difficult tofind an working driver for ur specification, oh well u can try they service preety good website.http://www.driverguide.com/

i've actually stopped using the manufactures drivers and simply started using slimdriver (program). google it, its free and works like a charm for me :S if you dont then go ahead and manuable look for the drivers that are compatible for you computer. the reason why i didnt go with the manufactures drivers is because it gave me problems with my video rendering, especially when loading youtube flash videos! just my thoughts on the matter =3

Well, novic_1223,

I must admit I was a bit weary at first, since I had (and often still have) my reservations against programs like those (I am not going to name any names of similar ones for that reason).

The reason why I was always careful with programs like driver updaters and registry cleaners and the likes (especially the ones that were rammed down your throat in unwanted emails) were:

Many of them were full of advertising

As a result of the above, there was a big chance they contained spyware

Quite often they kept nagging you to install toolbars and other add-ons

What they failed to mention was that, after scanning, you had to buy the program if you wanted a full service from it

The last one was a tough one:

In case of a driver update program, you would do a scan, and when the scan finished you would be told something like "3 drivers are out of date, 2 drivers are not working properly, 4 driver files are of the wrong type", or something similar, and then:

"You can update 1 of the drivers, if you want to do a complete update, buy our program".

The same with registry cleaners, you would be told there were 1235 errors in your registry, and when you clicked "Clean now", you would be told that only the first 50 faults could be corrected, if you wanted to clean up your registry up completely, you had to buy their program.

To my (very pleasant) surprise, this was not the case with this program.

When I started it, it did a scan, and then gave me a list of drivers that needed updating, and I managed to updated every single one of them.

Furthermore, a thorough hardware check shows me there are no faults, incompatibilities, install errors or whatever anywhere.

So, I would say, thank you for the tip, and if people ever ask me for a program like this I will definitely recommend it.