xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

Invisionfree Php Question About Using <?php Include(''); ?>

what Im trying to do is put a <?php include(''); ?> into my footer through the acp to out source content in order make room on the forum I think its possible but im wondering if I need to do something in order for it to register correctly.any thoughts.I have tried every method I could think of but its not picking it up.<?php include('http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;); ?> thats the full url path to the page that I am trying to connect could that be a problem to it as well?

As far as I am aware, InvisionFree stops you using PHP in your forums as it could be used maliciously. A friend of mine tried it a few months ago, and couldn't get it to work correctly, which resulted in them moving the forums. I presume you have looked on the support forums for InvisionFree, as I'm sure someone else will have asked if it's possible. The only other solution I can think of is that you may already be in PHP, so you may have to do one of these two:

include('');OR?> <?php include(''); ?> <?php

thats what im thinking as well so i sent them a support ticket, cuz those jokers give you so much space but if I can get them to do the php include then i can save like a ton of space and load it up with content and junk.actually just thinking about it here is hte include that I am trying to do<?php include('http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;); ?> thats the full url path to the page that I am trying to connect could that be a problem to it as well?

I don't think that the path is the problem, or the contents of that page, but purely InvisionFree's policies and settings. I'll see if anyone else with an InvisionFree board is able to put a PHP include in, but I think they stopped people being able to use PHP a few months ago.

well I just got a pm from invisionfree you were right they don't do php includes but they use the exter js method find that kind of stupid and smart at the same time due to the fact that people turn their javascript off or have blockers running, so im going to try out their little method and see if it works right.