xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Joe2Chance

Google Alert

I found a webpage that seems very interesting and useful. The site consists in put you up to date to everthing you want. Let me explain better:

Imagine that you have a business (or don't if you have one! :D ) and you want to know what is said about your business on the net every day, so what googlealert.com does is "monitoring billions of web pages indexed by Google".

The essential toolGoogle Alert helps you manage your reputation, monitor your competitors, and generate critical leads for your business. You can use Google Alert to track mentions of your name, your website, your place of work, or any people or projects that are important to you. Many people use Google Alert to keep track of what the web is saying about them, their companies, their industries, and the projects they are involved in.

Pretty cool ha?! :D I think it's a good ideia, i had never thought about this. But the problem is (yes, theres always a but :angry: ) it's not free! :angry:
They offer a free trial so we can see how it's like, Google Alert.

That is actually one of the more cool uses for the Google Index I have seen yet, and you know its actually usefull, unlike most of the Google Hacks out there, its just a shame I personally have no real use for it, but as you say there are plently of people who will have a use for this. This is a genuine innovation, I just hope Google don't mind to much about them using their services to make money, I also wonder how long it will take Goolge to bring out their own version of this.