xisto Community
itssami

Setting Up Own Hosting ?

Also another problem i encountered.. when i installed server side script like php.. .it doesn't work for some reason. I remember doing it before and it worked. .but after i formated my computer... and reinstalled apache and php ... it doesn't work. The only thing i could access is html files. Any idea how i could fix this?

You will need to configure php.ini and httpd.conf files for them to inter-operate.
Refer to this site on how you will need to configure them to make php working on apache web server.
http://mpcon.org/apacheguide/php.php

wouldnt be easier to have your hosting company by hiring the services from one company? i mean there are a lot of companies that let you add addon sites and have everything by yourself all you could need is maybe a login script to create dbs or so... now for example there are some companies that hire the hosting service for just 7.99 and have 50 GB of space and i believe 500 GB of bandwidth... this is a very interesting way of having a hosting provider company because you earn money and invest very few dollars, now if your clients want to buy their own domain ...there are also companies that sell domains starting from 1.95USD yep... tha's it...now imagine you are setting each account for 5.99 USD per month and with 3 GB of bandwidth :-) you can easily gain your free hosting and extra dollars....Now why not getting a reseller account?, some of them cost even more money than a single account and offer most of the times less than with a single account, another idea would be buying a computer hire internet, buy cpanel and then plug it to the net, now the problem is how to configure it and well is all a problem and not because your internet speed is a high bandwidth means you can use that connection it just means it can receive but not send.....

Meh, I have hosted game servers of RP games and haven't been warned about it, I already installed XAMPP since some time but used it little. So, yeah, I most-likely can host a website.