xisto Community
jacob

The Best Browser In Your Opinion for WIN32/64 systems

what internet browser do you consider as the best one  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"A lot of people I have talked to say firefox is way better than Internet Explorer, but then I found out that without Microsoft Internet Explorer on your computer you cannot run firefox since firefox uses microsoft internet explorer to run."Nah, that's not true, I use linux and firefox works great in it. Firefox has its own engine so it doesn't depend on IE in any way. However, I prefer Opera. Firefox needs much more work from the user's end to make it even comparable to opera. And Opera is FAST. I can go on and on about why opera is much better than FF but it woul be a very biased opinion as you see, I've been an opera user for the past 8 years.

I use IE 7 and Firefox 2.0. My default is IE 7 since i do a ton of web design and i need my pages to look perfect in IE because it is the most used browser. Then i tend to adjust them so they look good in firefox as well. I used to use opera at one point and i did not find the need to test on all three since after the first two, the page looked fine in opera as well.

I am currently using Mozzilla Firefox. I use to use Internet Explorer, but after having quite a few problems with the browser, I was told to change to Firefox, and I have not had one single problem yet with it. So, I definitely have to give a round of applause to the creators of Firefox. ;) I have heard that Opera is a pretty good browser as well, but I was wondering what everyone else's opinion was on Opera before I download it? ;)

I use Opera 9.2. I like it's tabbed browsing. Comfortable navigation. And easy to use. It's friendly user interfaces. I have installed any widgets on it, and all the widgets are working properly. It's includes an internal TORRENT downloader. No TORRENT software required if I use Opera.Well, Let it out...!! ;)

Firefox is the best in the whole world <3.I've never had any problem with the browser at all, other then when they updated it and the Ctrl + S feature didn't work for forums, which was just an easy fix through the about:config settings.

If you are reading this congrats, you passed my test. You see I had a theory here on trap. There are a TON of pointless threads like this one that people only post on to get credits. Nobody reads each other's posts and everybody knows that so it pretty much turns into a spam fest. I edited my original post to include this extra paragraph and I want any member or admin who finds this post to PM me. instead of adding this paragraph I could have easily pasted a whole bunch of random text and got a ton of credits for this! And nobody would notice because nobody has the patience to read through 53+ pages of content!!! So I want to see if this had been actually true and sombody in this thread edited their post to be nothing but coppied material or just random words to spam how long it would take for admins to notice!

I edited my post to this on 9/26/07. Here was what my original post said:

I personally use safari as my primary browser. The first version had a ton of bugs, I know, but apple is doing everything they can to make safari bug free. It is already better than the mac version of firefox. I don't think the coders who ported ff over to mac cared to much because there are a TON of bugs. Whenever safari doesn't work right and i'm forced to use a different browser i use camino. Its a version of mozilla that is specifically for mac, and doesn't have any bugs when compiling html.

Firefox has one bug that really annoys me, which is if you have a flash object, and you set the background to transparent, it doesn't do it! Doesn't work at all. Just makes the background of the flash white. It works in every other browser except the mac version of ff. Opera is another browser nobody cared if the mac version worked or not. Every table on every single website is f'ed up...

Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

As you know Microsoft released Internet explorer 7.0 few months ago, Microsoft claim their new browser has many improvements.Although Microsoft Internet explorer 7.0 has significant security improvements, but Microsoft Internet explorer 7.0 does not fully protect users from miscreant Web sites. Because these sites use some scripts to exploit security holes. With scripting code (such as JavaScript), they can perform drive-by installations of spyware or Trojan horse programs.Recent test of Microsoft Internet explorer 7.0?s Phishing Filter by researchers found that the Phishing Filter caught 68 percent of the phishing web sites that the researchers threw at the browser.In spite of above I currently use Microsoft Internet explorer 7.0 :):)

I currently use IE7 as my main browser, why? Because I'm used to it and the majority of websites are designed towards IE standards (sad I know). The browsers I use from time to time (other than IE) is Opera, Firefox, K-Meleon and Lynx.

WAT!?!?!?. doesnt anyone here use the best web browser ever..... MOZILLA FIREFOX!!!! i think it blows away any other web browser. tried opera but too much stuf and too complicated. i like mozilla b/c its fast, has tabs, kewl skins, keeps it simpleand also it is available for linux too. DONT use IE its the worst and to much popups. and its VERY slo.anyone agree???

I use Firefox alright, just not as a main browser; it has a deserved reputation of being a resource hog. Opera too complicated? I guess it could be, but just as well firefox can be; they both fucntion with added extensions and such.As for popups I tell IE7 to block without discrimintation and a rarely get a popup. Granted I don't go gallavanting about questionable sites, and yes, I have to tell it when I do want a popup but thats fine. At least I know the page I'm looking at is appearing as it should.

I preffer Internet Explorer 7.(Microsoft rules! :):) )I never used FireFox so I cant really say if it is good or not.Netscape?-It is dead already.Opera?-Nah,I just dont like this browser.Crazy Browser?-never heard about such browser.

Edited by Carnage (see edit history)