xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaineFishing45

Note Feature Version(s) 2 Types for different actions

Reference:

I guess that the [ note= ] doesn't work then? Maybe add the note= and change the colours, then you will have both of them available for different purposes. One to attract attention and the other to be used on warnings, etc. ie: one for all users to use and another for mods/admins only???

Jlhaslip was refering to my forum and stuff, but what if Xisto would add another version of the Note Feature. Like at my IPB, I have one for moderators giving messages, and one of giving warnings, bans, and stuff of that nature.

Basicly:

Version 1

Used for giving tips to members about that post

Moving posts/topics

Pinned

Closed topic

Opened topic

Message to creator of post (ie: don't use excessive smilies ... ... ... ...)

Version 2

Warned (reason)

Suspended

Excessive caps

Excessive cursing

SPAM

Deleted

2nd Warning

Version 1 could be used for non-disciplinary action, like moving topics, and leaving a message about something, or telling the member to do something different next time.

Version 2 could be used when issuing a warning, closing a topic, deleting a post, making a very important note, noting a spam post, and stuff that needs action to be taken.

The V1 can have the normall css, and the V2 could have like a light red/maroon background, or something to make it stand out. I'll post some images later. Hopefully members can comment on this.

-------

Update

------

Does anyone care about this topic?

Edited by MaineFishing45 (see edit history)

i think that this would be a great idea. Anytime that you can differentiate something between normal and disciplinary it will help reduce confusion. I would suggest making the non-disciplanary version maybe a blue color to differentiate it from the normal test of the post or forum.

It is a good ideal, but i am sure that the mods and admins would rather just type "moved to appropriate forum" rather than change the ways they work it and have to remeber a new code like maybe [note red=] You are being suspended for a week for excessive warnings and many verbal warnings[/note red] or somthing like that.... but i would definatly think somthing like that would be cool to have here just so some of the members dont get the impression that they are being punished by getting a verbal warning, or vise versa..so they know they are being punished harshly for swearing excessivley etc.. thats a good ideal Maine