xisto Community
luckyguy

Anchor Text ? An Important Factor Of Seo

Anchor text is the clickable text that is displayed for a particular link. For example this link:

<a href=http://google.com Search Engine</a> links to https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl and has the anchor text Google Search Engine.
When you get links to your website you should always try to get your targetted keyword or keyphrase in the anchor text. This is an incredibly important factor used by search engines when generating the result pages.

Analyzing The Competition

Wouldnt it be useful to see how many of your competitors backlinks contain the keyword your are also targeting so you have some idea of how many links you need to over take them in the results? Well, you can!
One thing you must remember, is that the search engines are aware that people purposefully target keywords via their anchor text, so it is a good idea to vary the anchor text that is used so that you dont get penalised or banned for attempting to spam the search engines!

Utilize The Anchor Text on Your Own Website

Anchor text is not only important for backlinks to your website, but its also important for internal linking of you web pages too. You should never have a link that has click here as the anchor text its a wasted opportunity where you could use the anchor text to optimize your websie. Instead, put the keyword of the page you are linking to in the anchor text for the link.

Notice from jlhaslip:

Added code tags around the html. Code tags arre required in order that the attempt toquote code doesn't affect the Forum page lay-out. Verbal warning.

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

Hundreds of SEO Experts retirated the thing I`ve mentioned in my post reg."Anchor Texts".I found the issue missing in this Forum and posted what I just read in an article about SEO Softwares.It`s not to say that questions about ownership of ideas are simple. For one thing, the different systems for typing up references are admittedly a nuisance. But the real challenge is establishing the relationship of your thinking to the reading you've done (yes, that includes the Internet). A working knowledge of these rules, however, is critically important ; inadvertent mistakes can lead to charges of plagiarism or the unacknowledged use of somebody else?s words or ideas.

yeah anchor text is important in incoming links from other website sand also within your own websites. very very important.you need keyword anchor text in as many link as possible, incoming links from good PR websites and content in your own websites.

Quite obvious and mostly known to many webmasters. Sorry to hear about plagarism which is not allowed. Just copy somewhere and pasting here for some more credits. Luckyguy, there are many more ways to earn credits. Just participate with others, there will be many things to write down. And that will be helpful to you as well.I think the point you are making here is too obvious that hardly there will be any webmaster who will benefit from it. Anyways, I hope a more constructive participation from you from now on. Just take it easy and enjoy!

Inspite of some controversies I`ve decided to contribute some of my knowledge that I`ve aquired going through various SEO journals and books and designing websites for along time, step by step here.

SEO by Optimizing Anchor Texts

You probably would have come across the reference to the phrase ?optimization of anchor text?. Anchor text is extremely important to rankings, especially in Google. I've seen some evidence in Yahoo, but not to the extent that Google rankings can be influenced. Due to the way that Google's PageRank algorithm works, a page will be ranked higher if the sites that link to that page all use consistent anchor text. A Google Bomb is created if a large number of sites link to the page in this manner.

In a normally built site, anchor text is usually used to indicate the subject matter of the page that it links to. For example, the text Modern SEO Techniques indicates to visitors that they can expect to see content about Modern Techniques pertaining to SEO if they visit the link. The keywords in anchor text enhance the relevance of the target page pertaining to the keywords used. The inclusion of important keywords in the anchor text can make a big difference in the final ranking of your site pages. All search engines that matter, give significant weight to the anchor text on your pages. In fact Google even has a special operator: ?allinanchor:keyword?, which picks up text only from within the anchor text of indexed pages.

Anchor text optimization can be deployed throughout your site to enhance the relevance of most of the web pages based on individual page content. When linking to internal pages, it is better to hyperlink relevant keywords instead of linking unrelated common words. You can also locate (or insert) important keyword phrases in your page?s natural text and link it to relevant target pages of your site. When a link incorporates a keyword into the text of the hyperlink, we call this quality anchor text. A link's anchor text may be one of the under-estimated resources a webmaster has. Instead of using words like "click here" which probably won't relate in any way to your website, using the words "Please visit our tips page for how to design good websites" is a far better way to utilize a hyperlink.

Keywords within the anchor text are equally useful from links pointing to your website. If you find that your site is being linked to from another website, but the anchor text is not being utilized properly, you should request that the website change the anchor text to something incorporating relevant keywords. This will also help boost your quality backlinks score. If you are pursuing or considering a link building campaign, put some serious thought in writing multiple options of the title and description of the link pointing to your website. A good way to gain quality backlinks to your site, in addition to related site themes: anchor text. You can't control all the links you get , but you can help control some of them. People often link to you using the words in your domain name as the link text (also known as anchor text.) If your domain name has your primary keywords in it then you have an extremely powerful business advantage over your competitors.

Regards

Anchor text optimization can be deployed throughout your site to enhance the relevance of most of the web pages based on individual page content. When linking to internal pages, it is better to hyperlink relevant keywords instead of linking unrelated common words. You can also locate (or insert) important keyword phrases in your pages natural text and link it to relevant target pages of your site. When a link incorporates a keyword into the text of the hyperlink, we call this quality anchor text. A link's anchor text may be one of the under-estimated resources a webmaster has. Instead of using words like "click here" which probably won't relate in any way to your website, using the words "Please visit our tips page for how to design good websites" is a far better way to utilize a hyperlink.
Keywords within the anchor text are equally useful from links pointing to your website. If you find that your site is being linked to from another website, but the anchor text is not being utilized properly, you should request that the website change the anchor text to something incorporating relevant keywords. This will also help boost your quality backlinks score. If you are pursuing or considering a link building campaign, put some serious thought in writing multiple options of the title and description of the link pointing to your website. A good way to gain quality backlinks to your site, in addition to related site themes: anchor text. You can't control all the links you get , but you can help control some of them. People often link to you using the words in your domain name as the link text (also known as anchor text.) If your domain name has your primary keywords in it then you have an extremely powerful business advantage over your competitors.

Regards

thanks for this example. i knew some things like these , but i think that now is more clear how they are working.