xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
saint

The Lie We All Look For

There’s a lie that we all search for our whole life. It’s a lie called love. Love is a lie because of all the emotions it takes you through. For love makes you cry/laugh, love makes you sad/happy. Love sends you on such a rollercoaster ride love make you lose your mind. Now, anything that sends you through all that can’t true can it?

Time and time again I find myself stumped at the same point..seems a viscious circle..yet you go through it willingly one more time and one more time when love knocks on your door, no matter how many times you hit your head on a wall because of it..do we look for love because we are designed to and cant do away with it? I have no perfect answer, I have no solution at all, I don't know what to do or what to say, the only thing I know is that I have a lot of thoughts floating around and now I'm curious to hear the everyone else's.. Share your experience(s)

Notice from mayank:
Copied from here : http://poemhunter.com/p/m/poem.asp?poet=135534&poem=2379559
added the quotes to the copied part.

NICE!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!! LOL!

Notice from jlhaslip:
Yes, it is in a no-credit Topic, but your reply is very close to Spam.Please don't Spam the Forum. Thanks. Consider this a verbal warning. Next one won't be verbal.

If you've ever seen The 40 Year Old Virgin:

David: I dated this girl for four months, and it was the best thing in my life! Until she went down on this guy in... an Escalade, I think.Andy: Where is she now?
David: Oh she's dating some pot dealer which is a stupid horrible decision, but hey - that's her journey. If she wants to be a [expletive deleted] immature [expletive deleted] and [expletive deleted] everybody...
David: But that's love, man.

I don't like to make short posts, but I don't think anything could sum up your post any better than that =)

I really hate the trite joking soulless replies these kinds of subjects always bring up. But I am not sure what I can offer, but surely there is more to offer than "hey take an aspirin" (I don't need to be told how you were joking about the aspirin or whatever.)I hear things about people 6 years into marriage going to counseling for how to work out their relationships when they state as fact things about their feelings- vague statements to prop up the position they hope their in, one that really had collapsed long ago into utter hopelessness. I can just imagine the blankness encapsulated in some word like "communicate" or "understanding", some Dr. Phil answer that strives for vaguery because in it is enough of a void that could have held a real answer- the thing you see in the best sonnet Shakespeare has to offer, the poetry he'll launch into from the same vague beginning, that sense of "understanding" or "toughness." He launches from there from there also, and then when he fills that void we can say "exactly"! as if we've been sincere to it. But I bet this describes only a few people, the kind that we never really see but pour out of the woodwork to say "I still beleive Saddam was responsible for 9-11"... you know.. the ones all around but you don't think really existed.I'm not going to offer the hard and real answer- that's the other thing you always get, the person ready to seize the moment to be that old man of wisdom who has the answer to every question, but is still throwing at you the same subjective nonsense.But what would the guardian angel offer: "It's ok? Beleive in yourself?" Maybe that works for the floating dreamy soft pure guardian angel- but I think the REAL guardian would leave you in the dirt, or tell you that's where you are (if that's true).Maybe the wedge, between a "rock and a hard place"- is your own fault and the answer is strength or a look from a second angel. It could be dead wrong, but it's a safe answer, because it would keep you innocent. I think it's likely the best answer possible, still hoping with faith that you are up to the challenge (thereby caring enough to speak to the best in you). Besides that, I bet everyone here has their hands tied, not knowing what to make of the rest of this vagueness.

Edited by alfredglenstein (see edit history)

I really hate the trite joking soulless replies these kinds of subjects always bring up. But I am not sure what I can offer, but surely there is more to offer than "hey take an aspirin" (I don't need to be told how you were joking about the aspirin or whatever.)

This guy's (or girl's) posts are always of the same 'deep' nature - they need to lighten up a bit.

This guy's (or girl's) posts are always of the same 'deep' nature - they need to lighten up a bit.

For your info, I'm pretty sure I've only had two or three posts like that, pretty different from "always". And being that you responded to nothing I wrote except the part that seemed insulting to you, I'm inclined to think that the only reason you are saying "lighten up" is out of a kneejerk reaction to defend yourself, not because you think I should "lighten up".

I think if you really beleived that, you would at least demonstrate that by not "lighten[ing] up" that I've gone wrong somewhere.
Edited by alfredglenstein (see edit history)

For your info, I'm pretty sure I've only had two or three posts like that, pretty different from "always".

I wasn't talking about you, I was talking about the OP. :angry: Feel like I'm walking in a forest on these forums lately.

Maybe love is a lie if defined that way. But I believe it to be more then simple lust. At a group of mine we came up with the following definition to love:Love has 3 parts that act as a cycle:1-Emotion. Yep, love involves emotion. You see a person and care about them. But it's more then just liking how they look, it has to become a genuine caring about WHO the person is, rather then just their body and what they can do for you.2-Knowledge. Now that you have cared about the person, when you aren't feeling particularly caring or loving for them, you can still act in love for them because you have that knowledge of what they mean to you. You know how much you care about them, what your emotion for them is.3-Commitment. That knowledge leads to you making choices, commitments on the other person's behalf because of the knowledge of what they mean to you, even when the emotion is no longer there. It is more then simply emotion, for the emotion leads to knowledge of what they mean to you, which leads to a consistent behavior of making loving choices for the other person, even at your own expense.These choices then lead to furthered emotion for you are dedicated to the other person even above yourself so that you care more about them than yourself. Thus, even when they don't make you feel passionate or lustful you act on their behalf because you CARE ABOUT THEM, and NOT JUST WHAT THEY CAN DO FOR YOU OR MAKE YOU FEEL. You can see whether it's lust or love when you are asked to act in their best interests or your own. If it's all about what they can do for you, it's lust. If it's about what you can do for them, it's love. Sort of like, ask not what your country can do for you... Commitment is the final building block to separating lust from love.

I agree with you Tyssen. This place has become a forest of such posts. What happened to the "OMG I was expelled" posts and such. Person who started this, we're not criticizing you, we just wish that such deep subjects be posted in the life talk area- not where we should be able to rant about our most hated subjects.

We are designed to need love at the very least and to love at the most.Love is something wonderful. People confuse love with having a bad relationship and then say that love hurts. If the person really loved you, they would not have hurt you at all. So what the person did was lie to you. Love itself is not a lie - its just that some people lie and say they love people to get things from them. Fortunately this "love bites" stage should end when the person hits 28 or when they find a real, loving relationship.