xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Canada Eh895

Problems Installing Ipb 2.1.5

First of all, before anybody accuses me of hacking or whatnot, I have purchased an IPB 2.1.5 liscense.

Okay..Anyway... I'm trying to install IPB 2.1.5, and I'm not completely sure what to put in the most of the SQL boxes.. I'm not sure what to select the drop down as, nor am I sure on what to put in the "SQL Host" field. Also, whenever I click "Proceed", I get this error:

Warning!
The following errors must be rectified before continuing!
Please go back and try again!

Connection error:

Host 'gamma.xisto.com' is blocked because of many connection errors. Unblock with 'mysqladmin flush-hosts'

What gives, and how do I fix it?

Well in your Cpanel you my create a MySQL DataBase and then use that info. DB name saint-michael_forumsMYSQL User- saint-michael Privilages AllPassword- Saint-michaelthe only thing you need to add to your installation file is db name the name that you gave permission to access the db and the db password and you should be set.but the other one Im not to sure about, but the gamma server has been having many problems last few weeks so, the admin can help you with that question.

First of all, before anybody accuses me of hacking or whatnot, I have purchased an IPB 2.1.5 liscense.
Okay..Anyway... I'm trying to install IPB 2.1.5, and I'm not completely sure what to put in the most of the SQL boxes.. I'm not sure what to select the drop down as, nor am I sure on what to put in the "SQL Host" field. Also, whenever I click "Proceed", I get this error:

What gives, and how do I fix it?

if you bought a lisence for the forum software, why don't you ask them and let them walk you through it. don't they have technical support? seems like easy basic questions. but if you are having trouble just getting past the sql database issues, how do you expect to mod it? Xisto is very good about giving help when it can, but if you are relying on help by posts, then it might take you forever to set this thing up. you will be better off hiring someone to do it for you to save time and frustration if you don't get the help you need quick enough.

now where
Edited by anwiii (see edit history)