xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Find3r

Lights Out No Power

I really really really really Hate when the power goes off! :D Im in the middle of a dragon, in Tibia (mmorpg) and my computer simple poweroff!! AHHHHHH i hate i hate i hate!! i You was downgraded from level 33 to level 32!! NOOOOOO. :) All Skills Go away, skills that i had to train during an entire week. :D And when you are talkink to someone in msn and then...PUFT, Zhmmm (the sound of your energy going away) :P i NEED a no breakk!!! :P and you??

Well I personally don't think it is that big of a deal when you lose points in a game. Instead of getting upset about it i would recommend trying to think of the people that need power to live. Sure it is really irratating when power goes out right when you get to a certain point but you can always do it again.

Something similar happened to me when I was playing a game. I would be having fun and finally getting through something that would take forever (like a maze or puzzle) and then all of a sudden the power goes off.Its even worse when they are going to give something good on TV and the power goes off so you don't get to see it at all.

A power outage is not the end of the world but they can be very annoying. If you remember about three or even four years ago the east coast had a power outage like you would not believe. The whole power grid was out except in a few locations that were close to power plants or were off the grid. Some areas did not have water (we did because the water pumping station in my city has a generator). That was just plain horrible. If the power had not been restored when it did there probably would have been looting. Lights out for a few hours or even a day I can figure out how to live with but not that.

Just wondering, how often does this happen to you? It sounds like your power goes off every other day... Does it? If so, you might actually want to see why...... Faulty wiring, bad provider, something could be done to prevent that... And next time on your game, maybe see if there might be a save function that is closer than it appears.....

My computer used to cut off on me a lot, no matter if I was on it, or not. It made me very mad, too. Finally, while I was adding another hard drive to it, I dusted it out, and now it works perfectly. However, I'm not saying that is your problem. I don't know how it feels to loose points in a game, but I do know how it feels to loose progress in a script by the power cutting off (I lost about 1 hour's worth of work...but now I save more often, so I don't have to worry about it).

I think I have something worse than the power going out. My cable provider is the backbone of my home's entertainment and communication functions.First of all, there's the cable television. I'm not much of a fan of it myself, but it has it's uses.Second is our internet connection. 8mb cable broadband.Third is our land-line phone. It happens to be a Vonage broadband phone.:-)So, when our cable goes out, we can't watch television, get online or make/receive telephone calls. Thankfully one of us has a cell phone though.My cable has been down for 5 days.. All I have to say is, "Comcast, I hope you've got knee pads".What do you suppose is worse?The power being out and no chance of using most electronics?Or still being able to use it.. just not to it's full extent.It's like teasing.=(