xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
truefusion

Firefox Extension Problem... Gotta get rid of this text selection thing _

I've been using Firefox lately, and i placed an extension in it, to try it out, but after uninstalling it, the feature is still here... I dont mind the feature all that much, but it does become inconvenient for me when there's lots of scrolling, and i want to use the "home" and "end" keys. Also, i cant do quick edits to my posts cause of it. I love the quick edit feature. I was wondering if anyone ever installed an extension similar and could tell me the name of it? Cause, i forgot the name of it..

Hey truefusion!I dont know why that extension is still there..even if you uninstalled it.But to solve your problem..I can suggest you this :-This is strictly for xp and 2000...I am not sure about 98/me...Go to documents and settings->your user account->Application data(hidden)->Mozilla->Profiles->some weired no.->extensionsin this folder..you'll see the extension which are installed over there and the remove the one which is bugging you! Now in order to find out..which one is that...you can check the date when the folder was created and remove it accordingly!If still you face any difficulty..you know what you have to do!

I tried your solution. I got lost in it all. >_< If only they would name the folders based on the name of the extensions... And the thing about the date, i installed many on the same day. But, thanks for your suggestion.Figured out how to quick edit with this extension feature.. But, i cant see the cursor. >_<

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

Well Truefusion..If you can download the extension..make sure download the extension not install it from the mozilla's site (I hope you downloaded it from there) and then open that XPI file with winrar or any other zip supporting utility. In that you'll find a file which is called install.rdf...open it with Notepad.
In that file it will show you this info :

<em:id>{dc572301-7619-498c-a57d-39143191b318}</em:id>

Note that dc57.... this value is the extension's ID and it is unique and this no. is the folder name in the extension folder i've mentioned above. IN THE ABOVE EXAMPLE : the ID of TAB MIX PLUS..IT WILL BE DIFFERENT IN YOUR CASE!
Just look for that folder and delete it :)

Well, i've searched everywhere. Went through about 100 pages worth of extensions. Still couldnt remember/find the extension. I'll try looking for the settings again all over Firefox, one more time... If i dont find it again, then i'll just have to get used to this. But all the other extensions rock! All 55 of them. Posted Image

[edit]I found it! I'm so blind... It was in the Firefox options, under the advanced tab...[/edit]

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)