xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

Traffic

One thing that I can't stand is when its rush hour, either it's going to work or coming home. Why can't people keep up with the speed of traffic? So what if you do a bit over, everyone else is, or how everyone slows down to a crawl when you go over a bridge.Gotta love those people who speed up behind you (who are in the next lane) to pass you once they've seen that you've turned on your signal to move into 'their' lane - like honestly, get a life cause the one car length ahead in life you are ain't gonna get you to where you need to get any faster.Gotta love those people that use the on ramps to the highways as a, I dunno, breaking lane. You know, those people who should have a bumper sticker that reads 'I break for everything' lol - step on the gas and go ... who gets onto a highway thats moving at a pace of at least 100kms only doing like 40kms?Gotta love those people that drive like death only to FINALLY speed up when the light turns yellow but you are the one stuck at the red light. It's one of those days when I wish that I had like a rifle in the car to shoot out their tires.

Yes, I HATE traffic. Jugdging by what you're using, I think you're not from the USA. In Houston, where I live, we have huge, huge traffic. It's so annoying. Guess what? Even this "tollway" which promised you that they will get you to your place faster, has huge, vast amounts of traffic. But, remember this. While we're in traffic, there are people in Iraq/Afghanistan where they are dying right this minute. You should appreciate that you're not one of those people. :) By saying that, we should all praise 6 hours traffic in Houston.

Yes, traffic is a nuisance in big cities espcially. The drivers that really get to me are the slower ones that insist on driving in the fast lane(s). Thank heaven for 6 & 8 lane highways where you can get around them. The evening traffic when everyone is going home from work is the worst. Everybody is tired from their day at work and just wants to get home. Charging in and out from one lane to another to get home 1 minute earlier isn't worth it, but there is always a few who do it. I am amazed that there are not more accidents than there are. I guess something must be said for the drivers who drive defensively like one should. They are the ones that prevent the accidents. I was born and raised in a large CA city where I found it was quicker and safer to drive the city streets home rather than the freeway. Now I live in a small community where I don't have to contend with the heavy traffic, just the lousy drivers. :)

It's not just on highways though. Don't you just love those people who drive semi trucks and go slower than the speed limit? (I'm very sarcastic at times,) If you have a big truck, you are, in theory supposed to go faster than the speed limit to leave enough space for other cars to move. Same with cars that have trailors and rvs... I just want the lawmakers to do something and have the speed limit for larger cars and stuff be a little faster so that when they go slower than it, they are actually going the correct one. He he... I wouldn't say no to a riffle though either... I'm done.

If you have a big truck, you are, in theory supposed to go faster than the speed limit to leave enough space for other cars to move.

I'd rather see big trucks go slower o.o Yeah, it's a little annoying to be stuck behind something going slow, but those trucks have a harder time slowing down / stopping / turning / etc than smaller things, and going faster only makes it worse.The other night one of my coworkers was almost run off the road by a large truck going to fast. He was coming though from out of state, and going really fast.. he wasn't from around here, and didnt know where the curves were, and was going way too fast when he hit one.. it was dangerous. He couldnt take the turn without going into the other lane.

When I was young, the traffic was once so bad that my father didn't want to stop to eat. He told us that if he didn't try and go home now, we would have never gotten home.And the traffic is still bad here. Just yesterday my mom's cousin picked us up for the day to visit his house and family. When he was taking us back at around 8pm, we were stuck in a bit of traffic. I can imagine how bad it is when its around 4-5.

Just yesterday my mom's cousin picked us up for the day to visit his house and family. When he was taking us back at around 8pm, we were stuck in a bit of traffic. I can imagine how bad it is when its around 4-5.

Yeh, I know what you mean. We got stuck in a traffic jam south of Cincinnati, OH on I-75 for 2 hours on a Monday evening just about dark. We creeped about 1 mile during the 2 hours. People were leaving the hiway (via the shoulder) at the nearest exit because they were running out of gas. It was cold and they had to leave their cars running. We, thank heaven, had just stopped and filled up before we hit the jam. When it finally broke up the traffic just returned to normal flow, wahla. We never did find out what caused the jam in the first place. Saw no signs of any accident. When we finally got into Cincinnati we were so late into the night that we had to find a motel. Hadn't planned on stopping there because motels are so expensive in large cities, but were to tired to go as far as we had planned north of there. Asked if they knew what was up, but nobody knew anything. :)

Just a reminder that the posted Speed Limit is a Maximum, not a requirement. I live in a mountainous area and there are roads where the maximum posted speed is 40 km per hour and during snow storms, you are insane for going any faster. It is 850 ft to the bottom of the ravine. So, although I agree that often city traffic can be frustrating because of the volume of vehicles and bad drivers going too fast/slow, there is a need to consider safety while driving. In addition to the weather, and time of day, your concentration, tiredness, distractions can all play a part in causing accidents. I would rather be forced to go slow and be certain of arriving than to travel too quickly and get in an accident. I also don't live in the City. That is part of the reason, Traffic is the pits.

One thing that I can't stand is when its rush hour, either it's going to work or coming home. Why can't people keep up with the speed of traffic?

The reason traffic slows down during rush hour is because most of the junctions are backed up with all those cars trying to get somewhere or there's been an accident on a motorway which is causing the traffic. It's not like there is a front row of cars who suddenly decide lets all drive really slowly and stop now and again because it's rush hour.

that's why I'm usually riding my bike when I've got to get into the city ... well, during rush hours that's just as bad - there are two places on my way to/out of town where I'm running a high risk of getting killed. Both these places have stop signs (you know, these things were cars are supposed to slow down to a complete halt, let everyone on the other road pass by and go on after that) and at both places, people rush onto the bike way and stop there ... my bike has several dents caused by cars which suddenly appeared right in front of me, I'm lucky that I didn't get more than the pain you feel when you run into a wall yet;on the other hand, I left dents in some cars, even some expensive ones... usually I just go on 'cause I don't care about the damage the other people get by ignoring traffic signs as long as I'm fine - I know that it's illegal to remove oneself from a "crash site" without permission of the cops but after all, I'm the one who could complain ... wait, I could do that next time, drive into that car as usual but get myself knocked from the bike and try to get the other guy to pay for the parts that have been damaged due to similar accidents...anyways, I'm still kind of curious why the City Council decided to put only stop signs there when they could have done at least traffic lights, people tend to obey red lights more often than stop signs...

I live in Chicago and the traffic here is horrible. The most annoying thing for me are trains. I don't know how they could allow trains to be able to cut through the street like that, while they go extremely slow, sometimes even stopping for 10 minutes or going backwards. They cause so much traffic and I've been late to school a few times because of those trains. I always wondered what if a fire truck or an ambulance need to get through and the trains are there. I don't see why they can't make all trains run under the streets.

I don't drive like an [expletive deleted] but I refuse to sit around and wait for slow drivers if I can help it. I'll either take side roads (generally at speeds a lil over the limit but I watch for kids and cars and such) or break out the rally-driving skilllzzzzzzz (heh) and zip through traffic. That kind of driving tends to anger more people than the slow driving for some reason. The way I see it though, I'm moving too fast past them for them to do something stupid and I'm out of their way before I even have time to be an annoyance and I'm gone. People say things like "I'm a good driver, it's all these other idiots on the road that are the problem" .. That makes me think. The other drivers on the road aren't a problem for me.. lol how good of a driver does that mean I am =P