xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
antwill

Phpbb Forum Installation Problem Update Database Error

Guys i was trying to install a phpbb modded forum, i followed this tutorial i had, and was about to install it fully when i got this error message

An error occurred trying to update the database

Table 'phpbb_admin_nav_module' already exists

If anyone could tell me how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

I talked to a friend about the subject and he said i had to enter something after phpbb_ in the prefix for data tables or something, so then it came up with a file i had to download and ftp to the forum. So once i did that, i tried the forum again at the main page /forum instead of the install one, so now it comes up with

Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

It wont even allow me to log in with the account i created in the install page. can anyone help me?

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Guys i was trying to install a phpbb modded forum, i followed this tutorial i had, and was about to install it fully when i got this error message

An error occurred trying to update the database

Table 'phpbb_admin_nav_module' already exists

If anyone could tell me how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT:

I talked to a friend about the subject and he said i had to enter something after phpbb_ in the prefix for data tables or something, so then it came up with a file i had to download and ftp to the forum. So once i did that, i tried the forum again at the main page /forum instead of the install one, so now it comes up with

Sorry, but this board is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

It wont even allow me to log in with the account i created in the install page. can anyone help me?

When you got the error about the table already existing, you could simply back that table up, and then delete it out of your database, by going into phpMyadmin in the cpanel. If you never got round to sucessfully installing the forum, then the front page wont work.
Edited by tt3 (see edit history)

When you got the error about the table already existing, you could simply back that table up, and then delete it out of your database, by going into phpMyadmin in the cpanel. If you never got round to sucessfully installing the forum, then the front page wont work.

I tried to delete the database but it wont work, i dont see any icon to delete in the phpmyadmin area. So could you please tell me step by step or atleast anyway to do this?

Un-install the originl phpbb using the cpanel. Then re-install it, but do a database back-up first. You should not have any problems doing it this way IF the phpbb's are the same version

Go At Cpanel Mysql and delete SQL and user/passthen go to Fantastico and try to install phpbb again if you dont want to install with Fantastico you can download phpbb at https://www.phpbb.com/ and upload files and make one database and installsome thimes Fantastico dont install last version of software and you must manually download and install software .