xisto Community
eTronicGaming

Best Ftp To Use For Your Website

Hello: For my the best program for FTP than exists is the old one and beloved Total Commander, is wnderfull, but fast who I proved, and you prune to handle your files easy when have that to change many like in the sites php that you have many small files, really gives result. RegardsTiago

Let's see...I, myself, use CuteFTP Professional which is a terrific ftp program because it's so simple to use. There's a good interface that's easy to use, easy setting up a log in, fast start-up time, you can even edit the file when it's still uploaded to the server and saving it, not having to re-upload it again and again. That is a good feature so if you have some sort of error in your php, you can go back to line whatever, as it says the lines right there in the editor. I strongly reccommend you download CuteFTP Professional.

Just two cents worth,Have tried several FTP programs. Most have GUI "quirks" and/ or limitations. Many have such poor documentation you find out too late that they don't do what you want. Such as, limited number of file uploads (ie. limited cache queing); no timestamp comparisons for previously uploaded files etc. Very frustrating part is downloading, configuring, "testing" it and only then finding out it won't do what you want.My pick: FILEZILLAsmall program, multi-featured, drag & drop interface, dependable, opensource (under continued development-these guys have been known to release 4 "updates" in the same week- thats dedication ;) ) & FREE Cheers!Ps-I'm not afiliated in any way with the program developers.PPS- If you can afford it-drop them a donation- You'll find them on sourceforge.net

Smart Ftp pro.is way better than any others..maybe because i have not use any others.but still the main purpose of an ftp program is to have good features,easy usage.I also wanna ask which free web hosts allow good webspace,bandwidth and big sizes of uploads using ftp like i use http://www.35mb.com/ although its just 35mb.Anyone got any other suggestions??I was told spymac is good but its paid.

Well, if you're talking about free ftp's, smartftp or ws ftp are good ones, i have to agree with the above reply.

But know i'm using ws ftp pro 9.1, it's realy very good and alsow flash fxp is very good, in some ways flash fxp takes advanteg of ws ftp pro, but they rae both very good.

But if you want to find good and free ftp?s, just type this keywords in the best search engine:

google.com

Keywords:

"download free ftp" - This 3 keywords will show a lot of good results, beleave me!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. Smartftp and WS FTP both rock, though WS FTP is slightly on top. With smartftp you can't select laods of directorys at once and ask it to upload. You need to do each dir manualy. Horrorable for forums.

Finally somebody mentioned Filezilla! WS_Ftp is quite nice too but now the free version is crap.

Just two cents worth,

Have tried several FTP programs. Most have GUI "quirks" and/ or limitations. Many have such poor documentation you find out too late that they don't do what you want. Such as, limited number of file uploads (ie. limited cache queing); no timestamp comparisons for previously uploaded files etc. Very frustrating part is downloading, configuring, "testing" it and only then finding out it won't do what you want.

My pick: FILEZILLA

small program, multi-featured, drag & drop interface, dependable, opensource (under continued development-these guys have been known to release 4 "updates" in the same week- thats dedication :rolleyes: ) & FREE

Cheers!

Ps-I'm not afiliated in any way with the program developers.

PPS- If you can afford it-drop them a donation- You'll find them on sourceforge.net

37510[/snapback]

There was this topic but on other board:

I am working with Total Commander and I never had any problems. It is not just FTP explorer it is an explorer for your entire PC and it has a built in FTP explorer which works perfectly fine. You can store unlimited accounts with a different options for each. It has a lot of built in tools and my favorite is "Multi Rename Tool".

Unfortunetly it is not free, you can download a trial version here. It costs 34$ but it is worth every penny.

Greetz!