xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
OpaQue

Sincere Request To All Gfxtrap Members Upload your GFX to Gallery

This is a sincere request to all GFXTrap members to kindly upload all your sigs to Your gallery and post a link to it in your signiture.Lately I have seen many images on Xisto which have been replaced by things like "Out of Bandwidth by ImageShack/Photobucket"Additionally, To ease uploading of files, I have ACTIVATED the upload files feature and I would request members to please use that feature to upload your sigs. Thanks :)

well...just one question..what about the pictures that we allready have on here for example, tutorials... do we need to change all of those links? or can we just leave them be and from now on have to upload them to the Xisto gallery and use the link from there?

I only upload images requested from other users, or images for tutorials for the forum, in the gallery, here at Xisto. I use my hosting for my sigs. So, i can have it "rotate" in my signature block. But, then again, this might not relate to me. Some new users are unaware of the gallery feature provided here at Xisto. I guess we could do better to promote the gallery, but we would have to figure out when a new user signs up, and starts using another image host.

well...just one question..what about the pictures that we allready have on here for example, tutorials... do we need to change all of those links? or can we just leave them be and from now on have to upload them to the Xisto gallery and use the link from there?

Well, for tutorials and such. If you have images, I'd recommend to upload them again. However, current links are fine. The only thing thats corny is, when after a couple of months, when people view the entire tutorial regarding graphics, they get images saying "BW full/suspended/not available etx."

for my sigs. So, i can have it "rotate" in my signature block. But, then again, this might not relate to me. Some new users are unaware of the gallery feature provided here at Xisto. I guess we could do better to promote the gallery, but we would have to figure out when a new user signs up, and starts using another image host.

Using SIGS and PICTURES from your account will leach a lot of BW from your account. Also, it also makes the things a bit slow. Its perfectly alright though. :)

I know of photobucket doing that with the bw used up imageshack< i havn't really seen any downtime except maintenance but they keep the images going still.But on top of what OpaQue said don't use photobucket as your primary imagehosting unless you have their premium account, cuz they limit the bw usage. I went through 1 account in bw in 3 days cause of all the images that I had hosted on several forums. either host them yourself, Xisto or imageshack.