xisto Community
semeticsister

Embarrassing But Funny Incident At School

Alright so it was an ordinary day at school, and I was going to my locker in between fifth and sixth hour for the school-wide locker clean-out. I didn't have much to clean, I just emptied my locker of a few homework assignments that seemed to be hiding in the back. So I was done cleaning and I went to my sixth hour class, which really isn't much of a class as it is independent study. Its just me and these two kids from New Delhi who are in seventh grade and take pre-calculus.

Well, the room I go to for sixth hour is a science room, so there are a few safety apparatuses to use, just in case:

There is an eye wash station if you get chemicals in your eye and a ventilation whood if you're working with things that give off fumes. The last safety device is the safety shower, which is nothing more than a slight depression in the floor where there is a drain, a showerhead overhead, and this metal rod thing that you pull which releases an enormous gush of water. I think you use it if your clothes get on fire or if you accidentally spill chemicals on yourself.

Anyhoo, I was walking around the room, reading some science comics that were plastered to the wall. Well, I happened to slip on a rogue piece of cardboard that was lying on the floor, and I was spiralling out of control right towards the safety shower. I had no other choice, and plus I was a bit disoriented because I was spinning, so I grabbed on to the metal rod to stop myself from falling and

WOOOOOSH

A hundred gallons of cold water come down all over me!

I'm standing their soaking wet, not knowing what to do, and finally the teacher walks into the room and nearly drops his coffee. I was sent to the nurse and she gave me a big towel to wrap myself in. The nurse called my mom to let her know what happened, and she picked me up from school about twenty minutes later.

The worst part wasn't me getting wet, oh no. When I activated the safety shower, the door to the classroom was open, and you could see me directly from the doorway! There was a whole crowd of people outside the adjacent classroom, and they started laughing!

Now, I am totally embarrassed to go to school tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What am I going to do?

Dude I am feel you about being embarassed when you fell and activated that safety shower cause it ultimately is not any fun at all to have a whole class/group of students laugh at your expense. Now, I feel for you because I had an almost completely identical experience occur. It was a PT Day during one of our Battle Assemblies(DRILL WEEKENDS) at my Army Reserve Unit based out of Ft. Gillem, GA. The unit 1SG had just dismissed us to complete our required personal hygeine before we were to report to our section NCOIC for duty assigments. While in the process of scrubbing/cleansing/lathering...LMAO...I just happen to drop my bottle of Sauve 4 Men Body Wash and busted that sucker wide open all down the side of the bottle. The body wash the proceeded to spew all over the tile floor of the shower. Suddenly, I was reminded that I was late reporting for duty and that I needed to speed it up. In an attempt to get out of the shower immensely fast; I slipped grabbed the faucet knob and it ripped right out of the wall. A fellow soldier that was presently in the shower facilities began laughing and then went to report the mishap to the nearest NCO or OFFICER. I have to tell you that my battle buddies within my section did not let me live that one down for at least 2 drills after that one. They called me BUTTER HEALS to remind me constantly of my clutzy ways.

Feeling your pain here...ROFLMAO!