xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
antwill

Problems With Deleted Features In A Site. Please help me, i am not sure if its normal

Today i set up my account with your wonderfull service, and i noticed the many features that you had well i had created a chat feature but realised that a forum would be easier to maintain so i went into the Mysql Databases option and deleted the chat thing. Well after that, i noticed that Disk usage 3.11 / 150.00 MB, the disk usage has gone up even though i removed the service, i am confused as to why it went up and how come it is happening. Is there a way for me to remove this 3 mb? Also is this normal, that it goes up? Can someone please answer this as soon as possible and tell me what files to delete or if i should delete anything. I have not set anything else up but a forum so if that helps you tell me what to delete i'd be thankfull. I am still yet to add html files so that may also help! Thanks if anyone has any suggestions and help.

MySQL database is not stored in your directory structure. As a result the space calculation will not reflect instantly. All these changes will show up once we run QUOTACHECK on our server. It is a very resource intensive task and takes lot of time. So we schedule it just 1-2 times a month.This is perfectly normal. :)

Never mind guys, i went to the Disk Usage Viewer and found out where the forum directory was and deleted it so then when i noticed it hadnt changed i went back to the disk usage viewer and deleted the file usage cache as my friend told me to, so now everything is fine.

The best way to delete things (assuming they were installed by fantastico) is by using fantastico to 'un-install' the software. Go to the cpanel and select the Module just like you did to install it and you will be given the choice to un-install. It will clean up all that needs to be gotten rid of, freeing up your space in the process..

Yeah i use that aswell but they werent installed by fantastico unfortunatly :) Fantastico is great for many things especially because its so easy to use. A moderator or admin could lock this topic now if they want to. As i have gotten my aswer. Thanks for your quick reply guys.

I accidently deleted a phpBB installation without uninstalling it, using fantastico, a while back. Now it claims I have a corrupted installation and wants me to remove it. However, I can't do so because if I did I would have to remove a new forum I have in the same directory. Oh well, live and let learn.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)