xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

The Paintshop Woes

I have Paintshop Pro 10.01.STOP LAUGHING AT ME!!!!!!!Now my problem is, how do I get those cool diagonal lines that are on so many sigs?! Does anyone know how to do it on PSP?

PSP v10, i think is the latest version, so there's nothing really to laugh at. But, i fail to understand what you mean by these diagonal lines. Could you provide an example?

I used to use PSP too before I saw the light. :(

Anyway, from memory you need to find the diagonal line pattern, (often called 'scan lines') somewhere first, make it if you need to. Make a new layer and use "Flood Fill" with the "Paint Bucket" tool and select the diagonal line image for the pattern fill. If you only want to fill certain a area, select it with the polygon lasso first. Then you just need to set the opacity of the layer for the desired density of the line pattern.

If are going to make your own scan line patterns, here is the scan line template from Photoshop. As you can see, each pattern is only 3 pixels x 3 pixels and are very easy to make.

Posted Image

Patterns, is that what she meant? I've only used PSP once, so i cant remember if it supports patterns, though, it does have adjustment layers. But, as an alternative, you can manipulate such a thing using brushes. Just make a pattern and turn it into a new brush. Mind you, it's not the most convenient way, but it is an alternative.

My friend wanted to know how to do the exact same thing and i told him something completely different which didnt work. But he tried what Avalon said and it didnt seem to work for him, maybe he did something wrong. If you cant find out how to do it, you could always try a program called Gimp, most people use it to make their sigs and they get some pretty good results.

well just to refresh everyone those are called scanlines YEAH!! btw PSP wahahahaha :).but yeah avalon poste those basic pattens also make sure to get the pattens in white as well.