xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaineFishing45

Teens Driving Wreckless Crazy Story....

How Stupid?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok... most of you know, since I am 14 I can start taking drivers ed in 2 year, or 1 year, if I take it over the summer, in Richmond, Virginia. Well what I hate is my neighbor at the end of the street, is preppy'ier than me, and she has some 2 year old BMW, her 2nd car and stuff.

I was walking home from school today, and her younger brother was 20 feet behind me, and she pull out of her driveway, with a friend, and goes out of her way to "try" to hit us, you can hear car go rrrrrrrmmmmm, and stuff, and she goes by me and smilies and waves, since we both go to the same school. I'm like WTF??? And I was talking with a friend, and I was dazed... I have seen her do it before, for fun, but I mean come on... :(

Clue into what your doing, and I personally don't think letting 16 year olds drive is so smart! :( more like another :(:( . Because what she did is stupid, and a show off. And I don't care about driving @ 16-17 b/c if I was still in NY, I would get my license at 18. Its so annoying, how parents buy there kids these fancy cars, that they could careless about what there doing. :(

Next time, I'm thinking of getting a video clip, and posting it here, so you can see how stupid, this was. And I mean it was really dumb move, b/c I'm going to call the cops, next time! heh.

----------

EDIT

----------

I corrected the topic title, to a more fitting description, to explain the post a little better.

Edited by MaineFishing45 (see edit history)

Her fun can be dangerous. These teens don't know what they're doing. They think its all fun and games until someone gets hurt or dies from their actions. I just get annoyed at things like that. just stupid unecessary things.

You really can't generalize the statement like that. Not all "teens" are bad drivers. I've been driving since I was 10 and at 10 I was better than many adults I see on the road. If anyone shouldn't be allowed to drive it should be some elderly.. but not just based on age.. based on eye exams, awareness tests, etc. Just because someone happens to be a teenager, that isn't necessarily going to cause them to be irresponsible =)

Basically the same thing here. The word 'prep' or 'preppy' has been pretty much generalized into association with younger people (teens, etc) who usually live in a mid-upper class area and wear particular brands or styles of clothing. For example, people who wear brands like Abercrombie & Fitch, Old Navy or Gap are normally thought of as preppy.

If I were you, I would have instantly reported her to the police. If they didn't believe me, I'd wait and somehow get evidence of what she did.One day she might try to "hit" someone, lose control, and then have an accident. Then maybe she'll learn her lesson. I'm not saying she should get into an accident but maybe a minor one where only the car gets damaged would teach her a lesson.

Yes, but you should be more aware of what your doing... I mean she almost went off the road, and killed the kid... but I have my camera with me next time, and I will take a video of the car and what she is doing, then call the cops, and then post here with the results.Keep the roads clear.... :(

Where I live, Drivers Licences are "progressive". The "Learners" is the same, but once you pass the driver's test, it takes two years to receive a Permanent driver's licence. There are some restrictions like, no passeners for 6 months, no night driving, no tickets allowed or they pull your permit to drive. It seems to help. Doesn't matter what age yu are, either. Glad I got mine before this program was in place.

Well, most of the people that I know are not bad driver. I've never seen any bad teenage driver in my school. Sure they might rev their engine once in a while, but most of the time, they don't try to do anything. But there are always expection to the rule even adults. Some are just idiots thinking that they are better than us..

I know quite a few people my age (17-18ish) who have their licence. I have my permit.. I've just been too busy to bother getting my licence. 99% of people who drive don't do things like that. They might get into more accidents, because of lack of experience with what to do in certain situations, but they don't intentionally try to hit people or objects. So given this, its a bit of a stereotype to say that no one should be allowed to drive at that age. Yes, I see your point with what she did, but not all teenage drivers are like that :\ I mean, they've got to learn some time. And some people will never really grow up, so it doesn't matter if they learn to drive at 16 or at 60, they'll still do the same type of things.As for their parents buying them expensive cars.. I'm some mixture of jealous and bitter by it. They get spoiled with everything, but I mean, if your parents offer you a car.. are you really going to turn it down? Spoiled kids are no fun, though, anyways.

Yes, I see your point with what she did, but not all teenage drivers are like that :\ I mean, they've got to learn some time. And some people will never really grow up, so it doesn't matter if they learn to drive at 16 or at 60, they'll still do the same type of things.
As for their parents buying them expensive cars.. I'm some mixture of jealous and bitter by it. They get spoiled with everything, but I mean, if your parents offer you a car.. are you really going to turn it down? Spoiled kids are no fun, though, anyways.

Thats how I really feel, I know what you mean, but I mean seriously... she has to stop kidding around sometime, before she really hits her bro. Its so stupid, b/c everyone has these BMW's and I will get my dads 2000 Toyota Avalon, which is nice, and looks still brand new and stuff, so I don't really care, but I hate BMW, I love Mercedes! :(

But still, don't drive like a moron, b/c if you hit me, I will get you back. Dead or Alive. :(

You know, I'm a teen driver, and I've never been in any accident, I'm proud to say. The worst I've had is going in too fast on an exit ramp that turns sharply (many in Vermont) or such things. My mother caught me several times when I would have been in near accidents, very simple things though like pulling out of a driveway too sharply in such a way that I would turn into a nearby parked car, etc. I hear that there is supposed to be an initial learning experience, there is supposed to be "the incident" with the young driver where they either crash or come near one so that they are shaken and take extra care to have it never happen again, but for myself I know my dad has never been in one, nor my three succeeding stepdads (long story) execpt for this one where it wasn't my stepdads fault. That's not to say I've been without car troubles however that ought to be blamed on me, as I have driven up and down from a curb once, giving myself exhaust problems so that the exhaust pipe was broken before it reached the muffler, making my car has a racecar like sound. I think the real key though is to be sharp as hell and worried that the acident could come and look very carefully at the what ifs to see if any near-misses have occured, you'd be surprised, they happen. I think that you should thank ... something... if you are so lucky and try to use that in the place of a hard core actual learning experience. In fact that may be a kind of mark of wisdom, to make lessons for your self or search out sequences of logic or circumstances so that you make adjustments without having to have the problem present itself in the form of a wrecked car, with you wishing you wore your seatbelt or something.

There?s no reason to believe that teens should not driving, or parents should not give their good cars to teens. Teens that are smart, confident and daring can actually drive much well than adults. I started driving when I was 13, now I am 26, but still believe that, so its not I am advocating teens, but I feel that, in a long run these acts make them more responsible and mature.I remember my days when our neighbor?s calls use to reach my home before I did about my driving. I use to like driving really fast. But never ever got to even touch another car I feel when people drive fast they are more alert and do not make mistakes. Driving and boredom should not be mixed. I guess most of the adults with lots of mental work going in their minds are the main cause of accidents. Extreme elderly are another reason of accidents. Though I respect them a lot. But dmv's should retire them after some age. Last time I just went to rent a car at Nationals, by chance I was helped by a very old lady, she could barely understand why I wanted to rent a car, finally I left apologizing and saying I will rent it later, even the customers commented, she messed it. So the aim is to make it clear, some incidences are not enough for judgments. The world is big and lots of changes take place it takes some experience to come to conclusions. I don?t want to say here that what she does is good, that a stupid act, but because of some teens, all should not be categorized or judged like that. Vehicle is a machine; we should not play with it. But teens should be educated and encouraged to show their capabilities. I don?t like teens to be fearful and nerds sitting in their parents laps....

Ok... most of you know, since I am 14 I can start taking drivers ed in 2 year, or 1 year, if I take it over the summer, in Richmond, Virginia. Well what I hate is my neighbor at the end of the street, is preppy'ier than me, and she has some 2 year old BMW, her 2nd car and stuff.

I was walking home from school today, and her younger brother was 20 feet behind me, and she pull out of her driveway, with a friend, and goes out of her way to "try" to hit us, you can hear car go rrrrrrrmmmmm, and stuff, and she goes by me and smilies and waves, since we both go to the same school. I'm like WTF??? And I was talking with a friend, and I was dazed... I have seen her do it before, for fun, but I mean come on... :D

Clue into what your doing, and I personally don't think letting 16 year olds drive is so smart! :D more like another :):P . Because what she did is stupid, and a show off. And I don't care about driving @ 16-17 b/c if I was still in NY, I would get my license at 18. Its so annoying, how parents buy there kids these fancy cars, that they could careless about what there doing. :P

Next time, I'm thinking of getting a video clip, and posting it here, so you can see how stupid, this was. And I mean it was really dumb move, b/c I'm going to call the cops, next time! heh.

I don't think that all teens should be banned from driving, but this girl will cause an accident one day if she start taking drivng seriously! What a stupid thing to do. I hope the cops arrest her for driving without care and attention! That should stop her from being so stuck up! And thanks Zythrix for the explanation. :)

Where I live, Drivers Licences are "progressive". The "Learners" is the same, but once you pass the driver's test, it takes two years to receive a Permanent driver's licence. There are some restrictions like, no passeners for 6 months, no night driving, no tickets allowed or they pull your permit to drive. It seems to help. Doesn't matter what age you are, either. Glad I got mine before this program was in place.

They have that system in place here, as it has been for a few years, now, and it was in place when I went to get my license. At first I thought regulations like that were going to get in the way and be annoying, but then I realized.. even if the government didn't put those rules in place for me, my Dad would have, so it didn't matter. :B
Parents can't be everywhere and do everything, but they could put a few more restrictions on some kids.. it wouldn't hurt them ^^;

I agree with a lot of people here, though, that say elderly people are generally more of a problem than most teens XD;