xisto Community
saga

Sig # 005 - Any Comments From The Gurus NEW SIG

here is another sig that i created after downloading some brushes and fonts... still its monochromatic coz i have a hard time coming up with multi colors... the result is a litle bit phsychedelic (is the spelling right?) which does not fit my personality :(

anyway it took me more than 4 hours of experimentation.. by the way if your wondering what happend to sig # 004... well, its not done yet.. i cant find good background for the render so i jump into this one..

Posted Image

so?

personaly i think the text style does not fit.. any alternative? I mean if you were the one who created this sig how do you want the text design would be?

tnx....

Well, nice brushing, makes it look like it's part of the render, like an aurora of power. For text, you're right, style doesnt go with it, but maybe a solid color for the text, and a double stroke around the text like the border, would have been better.

As for color, let me give you some tips on picking out some matching colors. Dark colors work well together. Light colors work well together. Try not to use precise/common colors (moving the bar all the way to the edge of the color of choice). Colors that make people try to guess what color it is can be good colors (what i call "'ish colors": bluish, reddish, etc).

If a render seems like it could be useful for coloring the background, then duplicate the render and change the blending mode to: color.

Example:

Posted Image I used the render to color the background in this sig.

Came out quite nice, i must say. But, i also used a color balance adjustment layer to add some red to it.