xisto Community
semeticsister

Ultimate Harry Potter Spoiler Read spoiler at your own risk

Harry Potter Spoilers
Read spoiler at your own risk

Alright now here is MY theory on the whole "Snape is innocent, no shut up, he's guilty" thing:

I was reading a transcript of an interview that J.K. Rowling gave to some newspaper or magazine, I'm not sure which, but it was about the guy asking her if she liked Harry Potter : Prisoner of Azkaban, the movie.

According to Rowling, she got "goosebumps" after watching it because it revealed a major spoiler for later in the series (i.e., book seven). Today, I was watching Prisoner of Azkaban and I figured out that part.

Remember near the end when Lupin is transforming into a werewolf, and he is about to attack Ron, Harry, and Hermione? Well, at this point the book, Snape was still unconscious from the disarming spell that Harry had used against him in the Shrieking Shack. However, at this point in the movie, when Lupin is about to pounce on the Trio, Snape suddenly runs in front of them and blocks them from Lupin.

Why would Snape do this? Why would he show any compassion for Harry Potter or his friends in the face of terrible danger?

The answer? Because he was under orders from Dumbledore to do so. He could've easily let Lupin devour them and run off for himself, but he didn't.

Arguments: But what if he was just saving Harry so that Voldemort could use him in his revival at the end of Goblet of Fire?

Answer: Because even if Snape was on the Death Eaters' side, he would not have known about the plan. Voldemort started planning his revival at the beginning of Goblet of Fire, and the only person he told was Peter Pettigrew (aka wormtail).

I might be wrong, but I'd like to hear your opinion on my theory!

P.S. This also supports another theory / spoiler that I read on the Xisto Forum, the theory of Snape being in love with Lily Potter and protecting Harry Potter as owing her a favor.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please use proper English for topic title. We have dedicated Book discussion section. Moving from General Talk to Books.

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

i have had talks with friends of mine, and before Prisioner Of Azkaban came out

Posted Image

that picture had come out as one of the first, and one of the questions that came up in our conversations was your theory above... i would agree with the fact that he had orders from dumbledore to protect harry at practicly any cost...and this theory can also lead to the thing believeing that dumbledore is not dead because he snape had orders from dumbledore to do it, but some believe that he was not actually killed...there is a post around here somewhere that explaints theory but there is the website http://www.beyondhogwarts.com/harry-potter/topics/dumbledoreisnotdead.html check it out, but then again maybe you have seen it before...but i cannot wait for the 7th book to come out and reveal what really happened in the ending :-D....

That is a good theory / spoiler. I think Snape is good, and I can't wait to see how the Harry Potter series ends. Oh jeez, we're gonna have to wait until next year to read the seventh HP book...its seems like its taking forever.

Peo: J.K. Rowling said she'd only write 7 Harry Potter books, but she might write a fictional biography of Albus Dumbledore when the seventh book is over

Extremely good find. I probably wouldn't read Dumbledore's biography XD Although I read the HP books. Snape doesn't like Harry, and it definately shows. Suprisingly, I have nothing to say against that theory. Maybe Snape is doing more than protecting Harry. =o

Alright now here is MY theory on the whole "Snape is innocent, no shut up, he's guilty" thing:
I was reading a transcript of an interview that J.K. Rowling gave to some newspaper or magazine, I'm not sure which, but it was about the guy asking her if she liked Prisoner of Azkaban, the movie.

According to Rowling, she got "goosebumps" after watching it because it revealed a major spoiler for later in the series (i.e., book seven). Today, I was watching Prisoner of Azkaban and I figured out that part.

Remember near the end when Lupin is transforming into a werewolf, and he is about to attack Ron, Harry, and Hermione? Well, at this point the book, Snape was still unconscious from the disarming spell that Harry had used against him in the Shrieking Shack. However, at this point in the movie, when Lupin is about to pounce on the Trio, Snape suddenly runs in front of them and blocks them from Lupin.

Why would Snape do this? Why would he show any compassion for Harry or his friends in the face of terrible danger?

The answer? Because he was under orders from Dumbledore to do so. He could've easily let Lupin devour them and run off for himself, but he didn't.

Arguements: But what if he was just saving Harry so that Voldemort could use him in his revival at the end of Goblet of Fire?

Answer: Because even if Snape was on the Death Eaters' side, he would not have known about the plan. Voldemort started planning his revival at the beginning of Goblet of Fire, and the only person he told was Peter Pettigrew (aka wormtail).

P.S. This also supports another theory that I read on the Xisto Forum, the theory of Snape being in love with Lily Potter and protecting Harry as owing her a favor.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please use proper English for topic title. We have dedicated Book discussion section. Moving from General Talk to Books.

I think you could very well be right.
I also support the 'Snape loves Lily' argument. It makes perfect sense.
I've said before, it's been made out too obvious that Snape is a bad guy, for him to actually be bad.
He's like a pantomime villain...
But each time they have suspected Snape of being up to no good, they have always been wrong.
Snape is usually going out of his way to protect Harry... this may be to do with feeling 'endebted' to Harrys father, thought I doubt it, it may be more to do with him being Lily's son.
As for Snape killing dumbledore...
Theres the theory that Dumbledore never really died
The theory he was already dying and Snape and Dumbledore had reached an agreement to kill him off that way (it would 'proove' snapes loyalty in the eyes of voldemort)
The theory that dumbledore had ordered Snape to and he did it despite not wanting to
(however, that theory seems to be wrong, as it has been stressed over and over to us you cannot use an unforgivable curse without sincerely and wholly wanting to relish in the consequences it would cause)

Of course, we could all be looking way too much into this.
It is still a childrens book
And ultimately, in childrens book, the guy whos being made out to be a bit evil, is usually a bit evil
Snape could have killed dumbledore, and dumbledore is properly dead

Personally I can't wait to find out!

Don't you think it would be MUCH more interesting if Rowling wrote books on Snapes life...
I would quite like that
We would get to know where he truely stood on certain matters
And how cruel his childhood really was for ihm =(

I think it would be amazing if Rowling wrote a book or two on Snapes life.I would love to find out about his childhood, miserable as it must have been..To hear things from his point of view... to read Rowling making Harrys dad and Sirius into people we could dislike, simply by seeing things Snapes way.I'd love to read how Snape reaallly felt about making the unbreakable vow, and about his time working as a 'spy' for both voldemort and Dumbledore..It would make a good read =)

I think snape is innocent for other reasons here! read my theories!!!

I have my own...

1 Is Malfoy really a death eater?

it must be, although he might even be the one that betrays the dark lord because just as he could kill dumbledore he would regret other acts. But not likely though because malfoy's family runs a tradition in the dark arts!

2 Snape could be innocent!!

yes! doesn't look like? well look at it this way! everything sape told dumpledore was never confirmed by anyone and he is a highly accomplish occlumens he could be telling the truth and as for killing dumbledore well he made the unbreakable vow didn't he? and the never really tried to harm harry even if he hated him...

3 harry's future

if he leave's school we move to another world of possibilities as for the fact that nothing garantees that 7th is the last book! again this could be wrong and JKR decides to publish a book 100% of action and mistery and adventure which althoug very hard would be a grand final!
even then there is the question of who will be his supporters? the DA? his friends? the order? hogwarts staff? the ministry (most unlikely) ? on his own (don't think so)? could harry speak to dumbleadore's portrait about the mission and could the albus portrait help him (?) find the remaining horcruxes?

4 ron and hermiony and HP+ginny?

they will for sure end up together snoging ron+hermy, but as for harry the story is uncertain!
i think ginny will go with harry even if harry doesn't want to (and because dumbledore would like there to be more love in this world if there could be) and might might get kidnapped by a death eater or even by HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMED ending up killed or rescued and living happily ever after (i doubt that 2nd chance).

5 Harry potter is gryffindor last descendent!

noticed that the house bellonging to his parents is called Godric's hollow? Godric Gryffindor... any resemblense? and... would it not take a true gryffindor to take the sword out of the hat? there must have been loads of people truly loyal to gryffindor but not one of his own blood!! i think james potter is the blood of gryffindor!!! that whould bring a shout to the gryffindor VS slytherin fidght as tom marvolo ridle is from slytherin....

just answer me i'll be in touch thank you!!!

I was reading a transcript of an interview that J.K. Rowling gave to some newspaper or magazine, I'm not sure which, but it was about the guy asking her if she liked Prisoner of Azkaban, the movie.

Why would Snape do this? Why would he show any compassion for Harry or his friends in the face of terrible danger?

Arguements: But what if he was just saving Harry so that Voldemort could use him in his revival at the end of Goblet of Fire?

P.S. This also supports another theory that I read on the Xisto Forum, the theory of Snape being in love with Lily Potter and protecting Harry as owing her a favor.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:

yeah, maybe snape is doing more than we think, maybe he is getting back at james *harry's dad* through harry, and he i loving harry as if he and lilly were together, but it is all far streched out........

AND! Snape could be the one killing voldemort even if you think of it...
harry is weak after killing the 6th horcrux and snape wants to be the glorious one and even if harry kills voldemorts horcruxes snape could kill him voldmort . proving at last (ater no one believing him obviously) that he is innocent!

??

I think snape is innocent for other reasons here! read my theories!!!
I have my own...

1 Is Malfoy really a death eater?

it must be, although he might even be the one that betrays the dark lord because just as he could kill dumbledore he would regret other acts. But not likely though because malfoy's family runs a tradition in the dark arts!

2 Snape could be innocent!!

yes! doesn't look like? well look at it this way! everything sape told dumpledore was never confirmed by anyone and he is a highly accomplish occlumens he could be telling the truth and as for killing dumbledore well he made the unbreakable vow didn't he? and the never really tried to harm harry even if he hated him...

3 harry's future

if he leave's school we move to another world of possibilities as for the fact that nothing garantees that 7th is the last book! again this could be wrong and JKR decides to publish a book 100% of action and mistery and adventure which althoug very hard would be a grand final!
even then there is the question of who will be his supporters? the DA? his friends? the order? hogwarts staff? the ministry (most unlikely) ? on his own (don't think so)? could harry speak to dumbleadore's portrait about the mission and could the albus portrait help him (?) find the remaining horcruxes?

4 ron and hermiony and HP+ginny?

they will for sure end up together snoging ron+hermy, but as for harry the story is uncertain!
i think ginny will go with harry even if harry doesn't want to (and because dumbledore would like there to be more love in this world if there could be) and might might get kidnapped by a death eater or even by HE-WHO-MUST-NOT-BE-NAMED ending up killed or rescued and living happily ever after (i doubt that 2nd chance).

5 Harry potter is gryffindor last descendent!

noticed that the house bellonging to his parents is called Godric's hollow? Godric Gryffindor... any resemblense? and... would it not take a true gryffindor to take the sword out of the hat? there must have been loads of people truly loyal to gryffindor but not one of his own blood!! i think james potter is the blood of gryffindor!!! that whould bring a shout to the gryffindor VS slytherin fidght as tom marvolo ridle is from slytherin....
just answer me i'll be in touch thank you!!!