xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kevlar557

Getting Ready For The Battle Of The Bands no, I dont play an instrument

Well, this would be somewhat of a vent, mut it is more related to music then anything else, so I'll save the mods trouble, and post it in here.Anyway, I'm the sound guy for my band. Lucky for me, I don't have any equipment. I've been looking, and everything is so frakking expensive. A pair of PA speakers can cost about $300 for a crappy pair. I have less than two weeks to buy an entire PA/DJ system. I'm just going to list the stuff I need, and I'll put the price next to it.Mackie 1604-VLZ PRO mixer : $300-$500 on ebay, $850 in retail storesQSC USA 900 Power Amp : $100-$250 on ebayPA speakers : $200-$600 on ebay for decent brand, $500-$1000 in retail storesThank god I don't have to worry about mics or cables, or I'll have to take out a loan. I'm going to have to sell numerous electronic devices, including a computer in order to make enough money to buy this stuff. Does anybody know a good place to get quality, cheap sound equipment in Northern Ohio/Southern PA area?

Well, this would be somewhat of a vent, mut it is more related to music then anything else, so I'll save the mods trouble, and post it in here.
Anyway, I'm the sound guy for my band. Lucky for me, I don't have any equipment. I've been looking, and everything is so frakking expensive. A pair of PA speakers can cost about $300 for a crappy pair. I have less than two weeks to buy an entire PA/DJ system. I'm just going to list the stuff I need, and I'll put the price next to it.

Mackie 1604-VLZ PRO mixer : $300-$500 on ebay, $850 in retail stores
QSC USA 900 Power Amp : $100-$250 on ebay
PA speakers : $200-$600 on ebay for decent brand, $500-$1000 in retail stores

Thank god I don't have to worry about mics or cables, or I'll have to take out a loan. I'm going to have to sell numerous electronic devices, including a computer in order to make enough money to buy this stuff. Does anybody know a good place to get quality, cheap sound equipment in Northern Ohio/Southern PA area?

Attention. Rap music is whats best