xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
keysmaker

Quad Core From Intel And Amd What do you get if you put together two dual cores??: A quad Core pro

well another [ :( ] AMAZING! news from silicon valley: Intel and AMD are going to release in 2007 the new QUAD!!! (yep you read it) QUAD!!! core processors!!! just amazing!!!!, also Amd said that making fastest processors is becoming pretty trivial, BUT the problem is: Where the hell they are going to put so many transistors? And the heat produced?: simple, not putting them together, (as they came doing until now ),
otherwise, they are going to put them splitted, two blocks, each one have 2 cores ( 2 * 2 = 4)

And the heat produced?: Using liquid coolants, (like cars coolants, another idea is bringing nitrogen based coolants).

If you are interested in this Marvel! (the best word that fits with this news) please visit The inquirer

So can the same results be gotten from a dual processor motherboard with 2 P4 chips?

yes and no, The reason is very simple, if you split the quad cores in two processors you will need a faster frontal side bus (FSB), also a very good architecture in motherboard, (a very good motherboard needs a well distributed buses, memory access, etc,) So if you want to put two dual cores in a mainboard you will get a fast computer, BUT it will be slower than a quad processor, also if you have a quad core, you will get more performance than a 2 dual processors....

AMD is really beating up Intel's server market share. On Wall Street Intel is just trading on 17 times the 2006 profits where as AMD is trading at 27 times the profit. This is the belief of thousands of people in AMD.

Intel already spending billions on crappie old technologies. I read that Intel like before is having a long road map nothing else. Its just launched its Dual core Xeon processors. Its working on around 17 projects for having more advanced technologies to be used for server processors.

Read this
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/homepage.html

As of now they claim in CeBIT 2006 to release Dual core Hyper Threaded server processor, which combines the benefits of Hyper threading technology in dual core configuration. I guess Intel is just fighting to sustain its market share its no longer on leading technologies.

AMD proved with its excellent Opteron series in 2003 capable of running 32-bit and 64-bit software.

AMD is having a real advantage over Intels situation proved by increase in demand in its chips.

well another [ :( ] AMAZING! news from silicon valley: Intel and AMD are going to release in 2007 the new QUAD!!! (yep you read it) QUAD!!! core processors!!! just amazing!!!!, also Amd said that making fastest processors is becoming pretty trivial, BUT the problem is: Where the hell they are going to put so many transistors? And the heat produced?: simple, not putting them together, (as they came doing until now ),

otherwise, they are going to put them splitted, two blocks, each one have 2 cores ( 2 * 2 = 4)

And the heat produced?: Using liquid coolants, (like cars coolants, another idea is bringing nitrogen based coolants).

If you are interested in this Marvel! (the best word that fits with this news) please visit The inquirer

who cares?? the power mac g5 already has quad core by use of two dual cores......

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

and these processors are only going to be 2 dual-cores slapped together anyway. I think they better find a way for their present dual-cores to properly work with all gamez and software. I mean drivers for the dual core comin in october for games?? ugh....the exact reason i bought a athlon 64 3700 instead of a dual core becuase they just cant cut the mustard driver-wise yet. And exactly why would amd or intel put out a quadcore processor in 2007 when the support for their dual-cores isnt even gonna be out until fall...rumour mill.....the inquirer indeed, about as reliable as the national enquirer.....

they say that with this new technology put into standard desktops, they can have a single computer running a single processor running multi operating systems, so if one crashes, you can quickly switch to the other to finish that spreadsheet, fix the other operating system, and boot from that other operating system all without ever pushing that power button. I'm not sure when they are doing this, but it's going to take a hell of a lot of planning and coding...

eh...im scared of this technology....it could be really unstable, really hot (could possibly damage other components), and as they keep developing new cores...we can't even program fast enough. by the time everything is made to work on dual core...we're going to have quad cores. in the end it could all collapse because the hardware advances too fast for software (which is not the case presently).

Speaking as a guy who knows very little about chip architecture, I can honestly say that I was both amazed by this news and at the same time I didn't really care, I mean I'm all for improvements in chip technology, but I find that for what I need to do my current 2GHz Celeron manages the job fine, but hey what do I know? anyway I suppose this is good, but I don't really see it changing the world just yet as most people are like me they don't really care, and with the current dual cored processors being massively priced I doubt most people would want to spend their money on a quad cored processor. Still it sounds inpressive, and I know if I did get a quad cored processor I would take ever possible opportunity tobring it upo in everyday conversation just for the initial wow factor, but to be honest I doubt anyone else would care. well anyway thanks for sharing this news (Sorry I'm not quite as amazed as you clearly are about it)