xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xadet3

Some Problems.

I keep trying to get onto my site, sometimes it works sometimes it dosnt.When it dosnt work it loads but then just brings up a blank page, the title is then the page url.I really need this sorted because i had to stop doing maintenance which i've been trying to carry out the past few days.Many thanks,xadet3

Might not be a bad idea to show us the link, then maybe we could see what's going on. Is this a Xisto hosted site? *edit* I see it is a Xisto - Web Hosting question Sorry about that* Are the files uploaded to the public_html directory? or www directory? Is there a file named index.html? These questions should be answered so we stand a chance at helping you. If you recently adjusted the Domain nameservers of your Domain, there will be a time lag for the domain to 'propogate' around the web. It could take 72 hours or so before that is completed. Thanks.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I've been doing sites for 4+ years so those questions are kind of stupid to ask me :(, ah well, it's not like you know me :(

After it stops working for a few seconds it says this to for about 10 seconds.

SQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
SQL error code:
Date: Friday 10th of March 2006 10:23:55 PM

xadet, I just got to the Main page. The Forum is 'under heavy maintenance' and is 'offline'. If you can check at your Hosting Account Control Panel and access the Database error log, there might be some info for you there. Assuming the error log is being written to. Might want to check to make sure that the error log is set to write.Also, use phpmyadmin to see if the database name, user, and passwords for the Forum will let you access the database. Mysql errors are fairly cryptic sometimes, but it looks like it is refusing the connection for some reason.I don't know that any other users are having a similar problem. I was at Xisto today and nobody else complained there.

I can't see any errors on the error log which refer to this one. It's almost as if the site timesout, but dosnt show the page has timed out, just shows a blank page.I put the site offline because well, you can see from what it says "under heavy maintenance".If the mysql information wasnt there it wouldnt load the skin, images, site, the closed message etc.

It's been going up and down the past 24 hours.I was also told I was moving server a while ago but I guess thats not happening.I think I've found a host what I want so I will probably be cancelling within the next few days.