xisto Community
Borghunter

My Very First Good Sig by Borghunter

Here is my very first sig that I think is good.

Posted Image

Please Critique it, I know it's not the greatest and I still need to work on lots of stuff, but I don't care how harsh a critic you are. GIVE IT YOUR ALL! :(

This sig is alright. Afew things need to be worked on though.1. The font: the font is very important selection and, the one that you selected here is not cutting it in my opinion.2. Brush selection: From the looks of it, it looks like you did the whole thing with filters, right?3. Add some color to the sig. A simple one color background is not that appealing. Add some color gradient.4. The last thing that I have to add is render blending. Try to blend the renderinto the sig a little more. Move the layers around so that it looks like there is depth and not just a picture slapped on top.Other things congrats on the pop-out. Mine first pop-out was awfall. It scared little children and gave people the plague.

It is looking better. You worked on working for colors into the background. Yeah finding the right font is probably the gardest thing for every designer. The render still needs to be blended a little. If you go Layer > Layer Style > Blending options. There is a whole resource for blending and all sorts of other effects that you might want to use for your image, text, and anything else that you might want to add some effects to. Keep up the good work man.

Edited by Se?or Maniac (see edit history)

To tell you the truth, the text isn't all that bad. It just takes up a lot of room. First thing i noticed, though, was the render, on how pale it is. Try to brighten it up a bit, a little contrast would help. Also, the color in the background (the bluish color), in my opinion, seems a bit odd with the render. I see you used a GIF format for the sig. Popout sigs are better in a PNG format, cause then you wont get a ragged edge like you have now. Anyways keep working on it. Not sure what image-manipulation program you used, so i cant give out any more tips.

Choose different font for "I am the hunter!" text. This one just does not fit. This big guy looks like scanned document from paper or something like that. More clear picture would improve the looks of sig a lot. Layout is good. Altough a little "empty" below "i am the hunter". When creating a reflection next time try to bring it close to the original (to be reflected) text or object.

Not bad for a first (good) one. I actually like the first one better. I'd say it could use a better background (some nice brushing would work wonders), some render blending (after you've added the brushing), some contrast (use a brightness/contrast layer), and a bit more color (color balance layer). As for the text, maybe a simplistic font (times new roman or arial black?) for the name and the same font or a pixel font might go well for the subtext. Might also want to throw a border on it.It sounds like a lot is wrong, but it's really not bad. Nice job.

That's much better Borghunter. Keeping working, and keep learning.

But, to comment on what ciroxyz said:

When creating a reflection next time try to bring it close to the original (to be reflected) text or object.

A reflection doesnt have to always be near the object. It all depends on how high up above the "floor" the object is. Edited by truefusion (see edit history)