xisto Community
realthor

What Firefox Extensions Should I Install To Get My Firefox Mimic Opera? Its only because i use linux and opera hasnt sound in flash

Ok, hey guys first, i use linux and i have opera, konqueror and firefox installed and i didn't managed to get sound in flash websites in the first 2. So i could swich to firefox but i badly need autosave sessions on close, and mouse gestures -how can one live without them. Any other good extension for firefox that u know and it's of great use? And how does extensions install?

I don't know about mouse gestures, but there's an extension called SessionSaver that not only restores all your tabs, but gives you a list of recently closed tabs that you can reopen too.

Yep Session saver will do exactly what you want as far as reopening on next startup, and will let you save opt sessions.

As for mouse gestures I believe there is a program called Mouse Gestures for firefox
http://optimoz.mozdev.org/gestures/ I've never tryed this, nor have I used the feature in opera but this might do what you want.

Well, I think you've got your answer to both of the questions..but I think instead of going for all different kind of extensions...it's better that you go for just one extension.
It is called TAB MIX PLUS
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
It has better tab management, it has restore session and it has got mouse gestures too!

yeah, i made myself a little research and found some nice extensions. Thanks for the link. I managed to make it resemble opera even with a theme and am pretty happy with it. Fasterfox extension got it a little faster approaching opera in terms of speed and one extension for saving and managing sessions and another one for handling tabs and that's it for nnow.i'll try not to get too many extensions as i guess they're slowing down the thing...Ups!, i've just read about Fasterfox ripping servers because it uses prefetch and thus every link in a page gets prefetched in cache, so i hope my fasterfox extension is the latest which has this option disabled by default. It's not fair for websites that get a lot of bandwitch used for nothing and thus in danger of shutting down.

Edited by realthor (see edit history)