xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xadet3

Ftp Password Is Wrong, Apparently

Well the site was down, I spoke to opaque and understand why etc now. But after that I tried logging into the ftp and it says my pass is wrong. It's the same as in the email, same as ftp etc.Please help me out, I was supposed to be doing maintenance on my site tonight but It look's like I no longer will :(My site is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ like my site is down again.[edit]Looks like my mysql is down again.Time to search for a new host. No offence but this host probably has a uptime of around 80%

Edited by xadet3 (see edit history)

well I've just checked your site and I am able to get it!It says that board is offline!

Clear the cache on your local machine. Might be stuck with the error message and not getting past the cached page.Me, too, dark grey background, silverish logo top left looks like a fish (sort of). RED text link in the mid-top middle of the page?

Can you go to your cpanel and change it to what you think it should be and try again to ftp something? The cpanel also has an file manager which uploads quite nicely. Have you tried that to upload your files?

I am not being able to login into my ftp accounts too (however, the site is online)... I have already tried changing the password, but it always gives me an authentication error (in all the accounts).I am not complaining, nor saying that I will leave Xisto - Web Hosting, which I will not. I just would like to see my problem solved :(My domain is sleeping-ocean.com.Thank you!

Edited by Claudia (see edit history)

Have either of you submitted a Support Request to the Helpdesk? Mods do not have any access to the Server other than as a regular user like you, so the Support Personnel should be contacted for problems of this nature.Email to support@Xisto - Web Hosting.com should work. They will need account information such as the URL and your cpanel name. You could also supply the ftp password which is failing.

I always submit to the offline support but never get a reply.

We recieve tons of messages on offline support. That is why, Its not responded. We do check it and correct any issues.

As for MySQL, We found a Email spammer and that program not only spammed but recorded those messages and addresses on a table.

We disabled some exim functions and I hope things will go smoothly.

Online support was basically for sales but then due to too many requests for technical support. We shifted the staff to techical support.We will be soon adding up more staff to support Livehelp service :(