xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Supai

Bellsouth-at&t

Alright, I read all over the news about this merger and what it entails, but I have questions I just can't seem to clear up.For one, how far are they in the merger? I know they have both approved it, but will it be a combination, or is one buying out the other?I know Cingluar is PLANNING to become a fully AT&T operational thing, which will create an even bigger monopoly fr AT&T =(, but are they planning on changing it, or just owning the rights to it? On the cingular subject, how will this affect people with plans. I know they will likely grandfather in all current plans, and just weed them out through old plans. But what if I keep my plan, but opt for a different phone or to add to that plan? Overall, I LOVE Cingular, but AT&T has rubbed me the wrong way. Atleast it's better than Sprint taking over.

well when merger is done whoever own 51% of the stock between the 2 companies decides pretty much on what happens, but before that will happen all the chief executive officers (CEO) and other head of each company draw out the plans and what not who get to be in charge in a board of directors between the companies, but now its 3way discussion since cingular is in this merger as well.For an exmaple 10 people between the 3 companies are on the board of directors 3 from each companies are heads and then they elect the 10th person to run the whole thing.But thats just an example you can have alot of people on a board of directors when running several companies at once.but to help you in your question nothing will be affected with accounts until all the important stuff is taking care of then they will decide which plans to change and get rid of in like a year or 2.