xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Deaths Aprentice

Knoppix Question

hey there,I download knoppix recently, asan .ISO file.That file is 699 MBbig , just small enough to fit onto a cd.But when I wanna burn it onto a cd, my burner(nero) says its 1xxx MB.I know.ISO is a sort of zip, but is there any way to still burn it onto my cd?

Strange since an .iso normaly is a direct image of the cd (not compressed) it should be the same size as it telling it is. The only thing I can think of is that nero is *BLEEP*ing up the size of it or that you use te wrong settings to burn the image. May I ask how you try to do it.

1. Launch Nero. 2. Choose File, Burn Image and you'll be presented with a dialog box.
3. Click on the Files of type: dropdown box and select All Files (*.*).
4. Select the .ISO file you downloaded then press Open.
5. Next, Nero will show another dialog box of CD burning options.  Accept the defaults:
          * Type of Image: Data Mode 1
          * Block size (Bytes): 2048
          * Image header (Bytes): 0
          * Image trailer (Bytes): 0)
6. Choose OK.
7. The Write CD dialog box should appear next.
8. Make sure Write, Finalize CD, and Disc-At-Once are checked, then choose Write.

If nero is not working out for you you could try the "build in" program that comes with windowsXP (if you use Xp that is :blink: ) or you could try:

isorecorder (does not support winXP sp2 yet) or magiciso.

Good luck <_<