xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Problem Connecting To Internet Please help me

I recently disabled some services in my Win XP System to increase the system performance. But I was not able to connect to internet after that. Then I enabled all those services and now I am able to connect to Internet. Now download manage Internet Download acclerator fails to connect to internet even when I am Online. It returns an error that "the server failed to return the response". But I am able to download and surf using Opera and IE. I tried reintalling IDA but it still fails to connect . As I've a lot of downloads paused and yet to be be downloaded please kindly help me witha solution to solve my problem.

Hi, try checking the blocked programs by windows Firewall or Norton Internet Security, thats because i done something like u (stopping services), and the limewire and another programs stop connecting to the web, so i restore the access to that programs to the web again and they worked perfectly. another possible cause can be a corrupted registry entry, try reinstaling the IDA or running a Reg cleaner/fixer to solve the problem.

FlashGet has a feature to export paused downloads. I believe Internet Download Acclerator might include a related feature as well. Try exporting your downloads and try another download manager, like FlashGet, and import into them to continue downloading your files. Otherwise, follow as what keysmaker suggested. It would be your firewall settings that is blocking Internet Download Acclerator, since other programs that require an internet connection still works perfectly..

I've found the reason for this problem and Solved it.

The problem was due to the software ' TweakDUN' that I installed for speeding up my Internet connection speed.

I came to know about this software from the replies that I've got in a Thread that I've stared for "Speeding up Internet Speeds".

Now after Installing this software, my download manager connected to Internet and now I am able to continue my downloads.

Thanks Keysmaker and Inspiron for your replies.

Now this thread can be closed.