xisto Community
master_bacarra

Do You Believe In Dreams! what is your opinion

I used to go out with someone who honestly believed that most things he dreamt would come true, at some point in time. It was pretty stupid, but I was smart enough not to argue that with him.. couldn't hurt to let him go on thinking his dreams had prophetic properties.

i'm not the type of person who would think that dreams are something prophetic, believe me. it just bothered me because it just so happened that a death of a friend was the dream. i usually shrug off really weird dreams like once i dreamt about riding a motorcycle fast enough that i slammed on a wall, or just recently i dreamt that there was a massacre and someone i know and me were the witnesses, only to end up later being hunted by the killers or something. believe me, i just wake up and if i find the dream weird, i just shrug it off. but the dream of a friend's death was kinda realistic for me not to believe.

right now, i'm not trying to make a big deal about it by not telling anyone close to me or close to my friend. again, i don't say all of my dreams come true in real life. and sometimes i end up misinterpreting the dream (and i hope i did).

man, am i nuts. but anyway, thanks for all of your opinions. i totally appreciate it.

I don't believe in dreams so much, because we dream something that happened to us that day, or we have some fears which we can't tell to somebody and we hide from others.Yes, there is something mistique about dreams but I don't think that we must to believe in them.If we believe that some of our dreams are true, believe me we will find something in our lives that will give us right... everything is in our head. :(

Last night I dreamt I went to Venus through a teleport machine and it was in color of course. Although they seemed realistic at the time we are dreaming, they may be something unnatural or unlikely to happen. I don't believe one day I would travel to Venus. Pretty impossible as it's going to be hot down there being the 2nd planet in the solar system.

I've also heard of people saying about dreams that came through. One of it that really came through was a person who dreamt of himself in front of a crowd which was looking into the middle grieving. He wondered what had happened so he went to take a look. To his surprise, he saw himself inside a coffin. He, surprisingly, died a few days later, probably in his sleep. Weird but it was a true story. It may be coincident, who knows.. This could be an example of Lucid Dreaming. See more about Lucid Dreaming at the website below.

Here's some explaination of dream and what do some of the dreams meant.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/inside-the-mind/human-brain/dream.htm

Here's an excerpt from the article that I find interesting, and they are somewhat pretty true if you come to think more about them.

Common Dream Themes and Their Interpretations

Falling

You're falling, falling, falling... and then you wake up. This is a very common dream and is said to symbolize insecurities and anxiety. Something in your life is essentially out of control and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Another interpretation is that you have a sense of failure about something. Maybe you're not doing well in school or at work and are afraid you're going to be fired or expelled. Again, you feel that you can't control the situation.

Flying

Many flying dreams are the result of lucid dreaming. Not all flying dreams are, however. Typically, dreaming that you are flying means you are on top of things. You are in control of the things that matter to you. Or, maybe you've just gained a new perspective on things. It may also mean you are strong willed and feel like no one and nothing can defeat you. If you are having problems maintaining your flight, someone or something may be standing in the way of you having control. If you are afraid while flying, you may have challenges that you don't feel up to.

Premonitions in Dreams

Lucid Dreaming

In his dream, Stephen LaBerge reports that a man took his small son camping near a lake in a small valley near their home. He took the son to the water's edge to take a bath but realized he had forgotten the soap. He left the boy standing by the edge of the water and saw him picking up pebbles and throwing them into the water. When he returned with the soap, his son was lying face down in the water, dead. The man awoke and immediately realized this was only a dream. A while after that, some friends invited him and his son to go camping. Although it didn't occur to him immediately, the setting was similar to the setting he had seen in his dream. At one point during the camping trip, he took his son to the lake to take a bath but realized he had forgotten the soap. He sat the boy down and was leaving to get the soap when he saw the boy reach down and pick up pebbles to throw into the water. His dream immediately jumped into his head, and he snatched the boy up and took him with him.

Very interesting article. Do read through it and you get to know more about dreams. Then, you will think and think about it again and again, like me.. :(

After reading this article, I believe that dreams do tell something. It may not be direct. It may be indirect that reflects what actually is happening to your real life, and may happen in future.

Edited by Inspiron (see edit history)

i know that dreams are representations of our subconcious and i know that they have a hidden meaning that we are left to discover for ourselves. but in my case, there were times that i have dreams that later on happen in real life, just like a premonition or something.

recently, i dreamt that a family of a friend of mine were mourning. when i asked what happened, i "remembered" that my friend died from an accident and her mother was in the hospital because she was in comatose (apparently she was included in the accident along with my friend). the reason why this dream really disturbed me a lot was because it involved a friend of mine. and it's freaky because sometimes the dreams that seemed to be realistic usually happens like a few days, months or years later. i just hope it wouldn't happen.

i quoted remembered in the statement above because the dream seemed to occur like a few days after the accident.

Notice from mayank:
Please make sure that you are using descriptive topic title & description

I have no idea on it...

Hy. Yes, I belive. I alredy had some case, when I dreamed something, and next day or with some days later it happend with me. Unfortunetly sometimes I had nightmares, and it happend with me in reality too. Fortunetly it happend very rearly. Sometimes, I dream about what it happend with me in that day, and if I a had a question about that day, sometimes I get the answer in my dream. Maybe it`s a little bit frightful, but at the same time it`s usedul, isn`t it? :(

I don't know. Dreams can have meanings in them. But sometimes I get these weird feelings that this is a rewind. Sometimes when i'm doing something, I get some kind of flashback and say to myself "Wait a minute, I think this happened to me before and a repeat is going on"

Now I know that some of you here will think im talking complete and utter rubbish, but my dreams do come true, however, I don't remember them at all until they happen. Pretty wierd you may say so. However, I have little tiny dreams which just are images of something, a scene from high school, college, an image of whats on my computer screen. Yes it seems silly, but I dream about these and when they come true, I only realize at that moment because I think, whoa, I've dreamt about that lol. I don't really know how to explain it. So yes, I believe in dreams as quite a lot of them come true.

I don't think dreams have anything to do with supernatural events (predicting the future, mind reading, traveling to alternate dimensions, spiritual connections, etc.) at all and I won't believe unless there is scientific proof to back it up which I doubt will be the case. I rarely ever remember having dreams, perhaps maybe 5 or so a year. When I do remember them it usually doesn’t make sense and then I forget about them just minutes after waking up. All I can remember is that they are strange and can't be interpreted into anything logical. I don't see how my dreams can have any connections with anything in the world.

Edited by Arigato (see edit history)

I think that dreams are so cool. It is unbelievable what the human mind is able to conceive. Although most of the time I don't really look into the meaning of my dreams, some of them do have a temporary impact on my thoughts and actions.

I never thought much of dreams. Somethings I never remember them once I wake up. Buts its nice if sometimes the dreams do come true, but I believe that most dreams don't really tell you anything.

That's weird. But I do believe in my dreams and stuff, and I try to look them up if I remember them. I remember one dream I had was of a friend dying, and I think it meant that we would start drifting apart because now we don't talk as much or anything.

Hy. inyourarms: if you really dreamed that, why don`t you try to stop that. If I were you I try to save that frienship. Maybe you never will have a same friend, and you will be always unhappy for this thing. So....I recommand you to have a talk with him, and discuss this problem. A really friend It`s nearby you in every difficult time, and try to help you in what he can. And...don`t belive in every dream...cause some of them are just fakes. Bye.