xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gta

Best Cpu Computers

What do you think the best cpu is? According to what i have tried and heard AMD is way more powerful than pentium. I heard that AMD gives you its full power for maximum efficiency while pentium gives you about 80%-89% full power. This is why for all of you that have AMDs you better have a huge fan for it or it will over heat.Has any one else found something odd about any cpu chips?

i agree amd 64 fx chips are the best. although some intel fans may say pentium 4 extreme edition is better because of the higher clock rate and fsb but amd 64 fx still beats it.

What do you think the best cpu is? According to what i have tried and heard AMD is way more powerful than pentium. I heard that AMD gives you its full power for maximum efficiency while pentium gives you about 80%-89% full power. This is why for all of you that have AMDs you better have a huge fan for it or it will over heat.
Has any one else found something odd about any cpu chips?

some time ago I'we found homemovie on net, about amd & pentium processors. they take down amd's fan while playing Unreal, and take down pentium's fan while playing Unreal too. So, what do you think what came up? AMD's screen just scrambled, and blue screen show up few secs after fan was removed from processor, and white smoke rised from it.. And pentium processor? he just continue it's work with Unreal, with just few framerates less....
So, when you choose your processor, think twice.

Before 3-4 years, i had an old pentium 200MMX. I left it one night to rune some test's all night long.. in the morning all was little slowed down, and when i open tower chasis, found that cpu cooler/fan is dead - and cpu still working - more than 7-8 hours without pauses at maximum overload.
So, agan, when you choose your cpu, think twice.

And if you choose amd, make damn shure you can cool it right and safe. But if you get pentium, prepare for paying for it ofcourse...

I believe this has been discussed in this board before. AMD is much better in two fields:Performance/Speed and Price/Performance. Do not forget that the 3000+ cpus are actually running at something like 2000 - 2200 MHz, and still can keep up with P4 at 3Ghz+.This shows how efficient AMD cpus are. Intel are currently scrapping plans of 5Ghz processors to make their current cpus more efficient. However it is an extremely difficult process as the athlon was designed from scratch while the p4s were an improvement on the long lasting pentium series. You see, Intel didn't do a "real" cpu revolution since the change from 486 to pentiums. Since then, it was all adding speed, making them smaller, adding extra instructions, playing with cache etc...

I'd go with amd also. Thats what i have in my computer. And i just put a AMD 64 in a friends computer, and it fly's. I dont think intel even has there 64-bit chip anymore. I think they scrapped it because it sucked :). Im also a big fan of amd's because they are quite a lot cheeper. And most of the time quicker than intels.I've got an amd 2100+ with 3 sticks of 256 in it. It goes pretty good.

it is comming, but there has been a major shift in powers. As you know the PC is said to be Intel architecture, ie x86. Intel's 64bit is basically a copy of AMD64 extensions. So there you have the cpu giant basically replicating AMD technology and claiming it is its own. :)Just that there still is no sign as to when Windows XP 64 edition will come out. Otherwise 64 extensions are pretty much useless unless you use them in custom compiled Linux programs. I'm guessing Intel is holding back WinXP 64 bit so that AMD doesn't get a further advantage in the market... bastards...

Don't like AMD, ever since it burned itself, and took MB with it... I don't mind paying few euros extra, so I don't have to think whether cooling fan will fail when I'm not home, or something like that...Intel is an old company, where AMD is relatively new in all this... So, I choose Intel over AMD, anytime

some time ago I'we found homemovie on net, about amd & pentium processors. they take down amd's fan while playing Unreal, and take down pentium's fan while playing Unreal too. So, what do you think what came up? AMD's screen just scrambled, and blue screen show up few secs after fan was removed from processor, and white smoke rised from it.. And pentium processor? he just continue it's work with Unreal, with just few framerates less....

So, when you choose your processor, think twice.

Before 3-4 years, i had an old pentium 200MMX. I left it one night to rune some test's all night long.. in the morning all was little slowed down, and when i open tower chasis, found that cpu cooler/fan is dead - and cpu still working - more than 7-8 hours without pauses at maximum overload.

So, agan, when you choose your cpu, think twice.

And if you choose amd, make damn shure you can cool it right and safe. But if you get pentium, prepare for paying for it ofcourse...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this is prolly tested from the older cpu's though. The amd thunderbird series runns really hot, but the xp's are not quite as hot, and im pretty sure the 64-bit chips even run cooler. And I think the newer intell's chips will fry now adays too if you take the fan and junk off. That particular intel chip that you saw in the home video was prolly the initial petium 4's (i think) that had (or still have, cant remember) a thing where if it got too hot it would just turn down the clock speed. This was great and all but what if it turned it down when you had the fan and heat sink hooked up. It would cause poor performance.

I know that my computer, amd XP 2100+ hasnt had any cooling problems. I even accedentally unhooked the fan and it stayed like that for 2 days.. including all night. And nothing is wrong with it.

And if your worried about your fan crappin out and then your system fry'n, most motherboards, now adays, monitor that stuff and when it gets too hot, the mobo shuts down.

So after all that, I choose AMD. For better performance, and price. :)

It's not actualy homemade movie... There's a guy in Germany I think, who is a freak for comps. He makes all sorts of stuff; you probably all heard of his 5GHz project, with liquid nitrogen cooling... :)

This is the address: http://www.tomshardware.com/

And comps used in his test were:

- Intel P4/2000, i850 chipset

- PIII/1000, i815EP chipset

- AMD Athlon 1400, VIA KT133A chipset

- AMD Palomino 1200, VIA KT266 chipset

And if your worried about your fan crappin out and then your system fry'n, most motherboards, now adays, monitor that stuff and when it gets too hot, the mobo shuts down.

Actualy, AMD had a problem with thermal diode, so MB's didn't have enough time to shutdown. But, they fixed it now if I'm not mistaken.

That particular intel chip that you saw in the home video was prolly the initial petium 4's (i think) that had (or still have, cant remember) a thing where if it got too hot it would just turn down the clock speed. This was great and all but what if it turned it down when you had the fan and heat sink hooked up. It would cause poor performance.

Intel still has that technology built in, and I think it's great, and AMD should put it in their processors as well... And as for technology kicking in when not necessary, I don't think it ever happened. At least, not on my machine :D

However, this is a dead debate, like a debate between BMW fans, and Mercedes fans :D I say BMW is better, some of you will probably say Mercedes is better, and so on... :D

I personaly don't like AMD, and there is no way I'm going to put one in my comp. But then, it's just my opinion...

Well done Galahad... That is true what you're saying..

I personaly don't like AMD, and there is no way I'm going to put one in my comp. But then, it's just my opinion...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I put one in my comp. and it works fine:)

So Galahad? What's about prices of hardware in SiCG, Novi Sad?

Prices is SCG are about... well, I don't actualy know what prices look like around, but here are some samples:Intel? P4 - 3,0E GHz HT FSB800MHz, 1MB Socket LGA 775 BOX = 180?CPU AMD Athlon-XP Barton 2600+ Socket A BOX = 96?DDR400 - 512MB PC3200 Kingston CL 2.5 = 91?80GB "Maxtor" DiamondMaxPlus9 ATA133 8MB Cache 7200rpm = 56?and so on... How about Cro? We anywhere close with prices?