xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
master_bacarra

Preventing Pop-ups

is there a code (let's say in php) that can prevent a pop-up from appearing, because the free hosting site adds pop-ups in your website (i'm not talking about Xisto, of course). i want to save precious bandwidth for my website so i want to link up some files to my previous free webhosting site, but whenever my website loads, the pop-ups from the webhosting site still comes up. and to think i'm just testing it on my server here at home. i'm not posting this to offend Xisto mods because i'm still using my previous account. i'm not trying to offend you peeps. i just want to save some bandwidth (obviously i can't afford to buy a decent package for my site).any help would be appreciated

i'm just testing it on my server here at home

If you have saved files from your previous host by doing a view screen and save as, there are probably links in there to drag up the pop-ups and advertising. You should be able to remove those parts of the code in the 'local' files and still have the basic site display as html. The previous host most likely is getting credit for displaying the ads, too, so the sooner you get rid of them, the better, I would think.

Removing the sections from your 'local' copy isn't hard to do. Use your text editor to 'comment out' the offending div's . Be careful or you can wreck the layout quite easily.
Work off a duplicate copy so if you mess something up, you can go back and start over.

Or try using a Firefox or Opera Browser. They can block certain ads and pop-ups.