xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Gobby Law

Chatset Error

It seems hacker is easy to modify the setting in mysql, just happened all database deleted and now, all my data in database is wrong encropy, specially to the Chinese word......Pls help me to escape from the hands of hacker..THanks a lot.

Pls go to these link.
http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=ssttc&e=com and http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
All the chinese word from database becomes wrong words....
Also, I find out that there are so many connection from 202.160.180.X and it seems there are a file named as linuxdaybot.txt in my server, as I know, that is a spam. Troublesome....

gooby_law:I visited the first site and saw a forum with a bunch of characters like this (????? ) where some text should probably be and then did a view source of the content. The page is html 4 transitional and there is no character set defined which (i think) would be required to display the Chinese characters on this page. Perhaps the Forum which you have set up is not configured to allow for multiple languages? Check with the Forum Source provider about how to have the Chinese characters displayed on their software. It may not be a database issue at all.

Big oops here...The second link produces a database error and part of the error includes the password for the database, so if I were you, I would look in to setting error suppression on that.That's just not right. No doubt the source of the entry IF the database has been hacked.

I set up the forum in Traditional Chinese and going well before, but these day, there are so many problem from the database, now all Traditional Chinese can't display right and just find out all the database is deleted by others.....

Hi,The database data is intact and the only thing which is changed is the MYSQL version. The new version 4.1 does have charset issues with chinese charset. In our support ticket, we provided the resource links so that you could contact your forum software vendor to add 1-2 line of extra code to database queries to make them work again.Thanks