xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
adly3000

Photoshop-ambience And Abstract! PHOTOSHOP-Ambience and Abstract

I've finally made the tutorial my both of my current signature images! I made a poll to see if people wanted me to make it, and seven people said yes, so here you go: Important Note! The outcome of the image depends on the number of lens flares and the positions of them in steps 4 and 5! Ambience: 1. Open Photoshop and creat a new document. Make sure that it is square. Mine is 300x300. 2. Press ctrl + a to select all of the canvas, then right click on it and press fill. Chose black or another dark colour to fill it with, then press ctrl + d to deselect the canvas. 3. Click on Filter -> Render -> Lens Flare and keep the setting default (50-300mm Zoom, Brightness 100%) 4. Place the lens flare in the middle at the top of your image.Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 1:06 pm Post subject: My signature tutorials - Ambience and Abstract! 5. Repeat step 3 however many times you like until you end up.You can just use that image if you want to. 6. Press ctrl + u and set the Saturation down to -100 to greyscale the image. 7. Click on Filter -> Pixelate -> Mezzotint and choose Medium Strokes. 8. Then go to Filter -> Blur -> Radial Blur and select Zoom, Best quality and Amount 100. 9. Press ctrl + f twice to repear step 8 twice. 10. Press ctrl + u and tick the box that says Colorize. 11. Choose the settings you want. This changes the colour of the image. I chose Hue 200, Saturation 100 and Lightness 0. 13. Press ctrl + j to copy the layer. 12. Make sure you are on the top layer, then click on Filter -> Distort -> Twirl and set the Angle to 100. 13. Press ctrl + j again to copy the layer we are on. 14. Set the blending mode on the top layer to Lighten. 15. Go to Filter -> Distort -> Twirl and set the angle to -50 this time. There you have it! That is how I made my Ambience signature. All I did was to make a new image that was 300x100 and I copied the 300x300 image onto it and moved it around until I got what I liked! Something Fishy Studios: This just continues from Ambience. 16. Click on the bottom layer then press ctrl + j twice to copy it twice. Make sure that they are all set to Lighten. 17. Click on Filter -> Distort -> Shear and make it look like S letter.Remember to have Repeat Edge Pixels selected. 18. Press ctrl + j do copy the layer, then press Edit -> Transform -> Flip Horizontal. 19. Press ctrl + e to merge the two layers together. 20. Click on Image -> Rotate Canvas -> 90 CCW. 21. Repeat steps 16 -> 19. 22. Go to Image -> Rotate Canvas -> 90 CW. 23. Enjoy!Important Note! The outcome of the image depends on the number of lens flares and the positions of them in steps 4 and 5! If you have any comments or questions about either of the tutorials then please post them here. It took me ages to write these!

Edited by adly3000 (see edit history)

this is quite a long tutorial....and at first i didn't feel like reading through it all maybe you could add some pictures into it and make less reading >_< but anywayys i did read it and i did it and i got this...

Posted Image

that is with just one lens flare...i did not try steps 16-22 yet..i might not even do it >_<