xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
smartbei

Macromedia Flash Player 8 Help installing it...

Four days ago I formatted my computer and have been installing all of my applications. I went to the Macromedia site and installed flash player, and the movie is shown saying that it has installed succesfully. However, if I go to a website that hosts flash player 8 content, It usually does not display correctly and it tells me to go download the new player. No matter how many times I re-install the player through the Macromedia website it does not "take". Any Ideas? Is there anywhere I can get Flash Player 8 from as a .exe I can run and install? Thanks in advance.

could it be the fact that you may have installed the player on a different browser that you use to browse..because i do know that i had to install a version of flash 8 player into both firefox & internet explorer seperatly..

If you click here, you can completly remove flash from your pc. Then try going here to install Macromedia Flash 7. Once installed, it should come up with a pop-up saying that there is an update for Flash player. This will take it up to version 8 and will install on all browsers.

okay thanks mate..Thats what i was wondering i had installed it on firefox and wondered why it didn't work for Internet explorer..Now i get the reason..