xisto Community
Se?or Maniac

2 More Sigs From The Maniac.

A siggist is usually only as good as their brushes. There are acceptions, though. But, some people make sigs based on tutorials, which i say, not only adds a little bit of knowledge to a beginner, but it may also limit people's creativity. For, they might be using the same process of designing in most of their sigs, until they find another more interesting tutorial, and then make based on that. Which renders being unique, unreachable. Most of us, have our own styles which can be distinguished from among the rest.Now, as for the sigs posted, I usually suggest different styles of brushes for backgrounds, instead of limiting yourself to one. Extra brushing from other brushes of different styles, adds flavour to the background making it more intriguing. Extra text, like subtitles takes up more room on the sig, and in most cases, improves the appearance in text. Which, at first glance, in the first sig, I didnt see the text at the bottom, for that part of the background is dark, just like the text. Color adds flavour to the text. The grainy edges of the symbol in the first sig, i believe, doesnt help it much. Also, i usually recommend, where needed, that renders take up most of the sig. Where, in your case, the text does. In some cases, where text take up the most width, creates an empty feel of the area where the text is located. Hope this advise is useful, for your next sig creation.Heh, forgot to mention variations of color to the background also improves the sig.

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

I wish that I was good at this. I am at the very bottom of the list. Visit Sites like http://www.gamerenders.com/forum/ Or http://pizzapizza.io/ . They are alot better than me. Or you could just look at Johnny or any of the other members here.

NOS has been down for months. They keep saying they're going to bring it back up, but the expected "up-date" was supposed to around last august. So I wouldn't trust it too much. I'll try and get ahold of Nica again and see what's up.

A siggist is usually only as good as their brushes. There are acceptions, though. But, some people make sigs based on tutorials, which i say, not only adds a little bit of knowledge to a beginner, but it may also limit people's creativity. For, they might be using the same process of designing in most of their sigs, until they find another more interesting tutorial, and then make based on that. Which renders being unique, unreachable. Most of us, have our own styles which can be distinguished from among the rest.

Now, as for the sigs posted, I usually suggest different styles of brushes for backgrounds, instead of limiting yourself to one. Extra brushing from other brushes of different styles, adds flavour to the background making it more intriguing. Extra text, like subtitles takes up more room on the sig, and in most cases, improves the appearance in text. Which, at first glance, in the first sig, I didnt see the text at the bottom, for that part of the background is dark, just like the text. Color adds flavour to the text. The grainy edges of the symbol in the first sig, i believe, doesnt help it much. Also, i usually recommend, where needed, that renders take up most of the sig. Where, in your case, the text does. In some cases, where text take up the most width, creates an empty feel of the area where the text is located. Hope this advise is useful, for your next sig creation.

Heh, forgot to mention variations of color to the background also improves the sig.

Truefusion pretty much covered it.

As for me, there's a few main things I focus on:

Theme

BG depth

Render blending

Lighting

Text

And then I usually strive to add one more detail to make it more than just a cut-and-dry sig.