xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shengeta

From Trap17 To Computinghost

ok run me through this:I'm opening an account at the Bank of America, getting a debit card, opening a paypal account all within a short amount of time.Now how do I go about going from Xisto to Xisto - Web Hosting? Do I let opaque and Xisto know first? Do I open an account on Xisto - Web Hosting first then let this place know so someone can move me over? does it cost anything extra to do so? and I know some of the cheapest packages there are totally awesome and only $3.33 a month, what's the catch?Will I be able to use my own ".com" Domain name there if I bought one?Also, do you move my MySQL databases as well included with all me files?

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

hey Shengeta!If you buy a .com domain name, you'll be able to use it at Xisto - Web Hosting.As far as moving of mysql database and the files are concerned...it can be done by OpaQue. Once you get your hosting at Xisto - Web Hosting..you can PM OpaQue about this and he'll make a move of your site!I hope this helps you!

ok run me through this:
I'm opening an account at the Bank of America, getting a debit card, opening a paypal account all within a short amount of time.

Now how do I go about going from Xisto to Xisto - Web Hosting?
Do I let opaque and Xisto know first?

Firstly, you can buy your own top level domain and thereafter you can go to Xisto - Web Hosting.com and buy your desired plan. Since they will be able to set your account in Xisto - Web Hosting only if you have a domain, you must first buy one. This is the first step you need to do.

Do I open an account on Xisto - Web Hosting first then let this place know so someone can move me over? does it cost anything extra to do so?

I hope Opaque will respond you. As far as I know Xisto and Xisto - Web Hosting are in different server, so moving there is another work. So, please wait him until he response.

and I know some of the cheapest packages there are totally awesome and only $3.33 a month, what's the catch?

yes, this is the edge they have over other hosting sites. Because of their cheap pricing with all features intact many webmasters are now moving to Xisto - Web Hosting. I do have an account there.

Will I be able to use my own ".com" Domain name there if I bought one?Also, do you move my MySQL databases as well included with all me files?

Definitely, buy your own domain and point the nameserver to ns1.computinghost.com and ns2.computinghost.com too.

Also, do you move my MySQL databases as well included with all me files?

If your site is a database driven site files and folders and also the database must be moved to the new host. I hope Opaque will be able to tell you what must be done.

I hope this helps you too.

At the time of purchase, In notes section, Give details of your Xisto/Xisto account and also a link to your profile here.We will transfer you and take care of the rest.If you do not have a domain, you can use xxxxx.computinghost.com at the time of signup. You can use a Xisto - Web Hosting.com subdomain.Thanks.

Ok Thanks that should clear everything up, I will probably buy the domain name first. Get ready OpaQue i should be doing this during this week lol.Ok one more question. I want to buy two domain names. Can I have it so "????.com" will go to the site like normal and "????????.com" can go to the /forums on that site? So the /forums and the main site can both have their own seperate .com domain names? like this????.computinghost.com = ????.com????.computinghost.com/forums = ????????.comthen lets say your on the index of the forums it would look sorta like: ????????.com/index.phpnow is that possible? sorry i don't know too too much about domain names I haven't tried them, only redirections.

You can host 2 domains on a single account.You have 2 options to Do it.1. PArked domains2. Addon domainsUsing option 1, you will be using diffrent domains to show the same site.Using Option 2, you will be using diffrent domains to show diffrent sites.