xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Oblivion 9999

Star Ocean

Come on, has anyone apart from me got any of the Star Ocean games, I've got the 3rd and I've played the 2nd. I'm not so sure about the first...I think I could have played it but I can't really remember <_< Anyway I think its the best rpg series after Final Fantasy. Plus both of them were made by the same company :blink:

So you have the Gameboy game and you played the playstation one?Thats awesome.I own the Playstation 1 and PS2 games.I have the ***s of the Famcom one and the Gameboy one.

But it now! Trust me, it is one of the funnest games I have ever played + its quite a long game considering all the sidequests and extra stuff...but if you have to complete some games first... :(

Well...you could say I'm a random person from the street, and I would have to say that it is amazing. I would give it:Story - 9Graphics - 9Music - 8Gameplay - 9Overall - 8.75Thats my review on it :D

I'm always keen to try a new RPG, but was wondering if anyone could give me a little more information on the series or point me in the right direction. I was also wondering if anyone knew how easy it would be to find in the UK. In my experience many older or more obscure games can be very hard to get hold of, and I always like to play a series through from the first game, even if it does mean wasting too much time trying to get dos games running on an xp machine.

I have Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time and i think its great in my eyes it is the best rpg ever :D lol i just like the battle system its so cool i also like the story upto now i am in the temple of kaddan for the first time and its quite hard tbh but thats probably just me.I was just wondering which two where the best to get as alternate chracerters out of Huxley,Nel,Abel and pepitasorry if anything spelt wrong :P

Yes its good.well i do not normally like rpg's and i like the star oceans series and especially the newest edition to it so yes i would reccomend that you but the game :Palso i think that the new battle system is the future tbh :P it is not turn based thus making it so you need skill to win fights not just patience to lvl up for 5 hours lolplay.com is a good place to buy the game.

But it now! Trust me, it is one of the funnest games I have ever played + its quite a long game considering all the sidequests and extra stuff...but if you have to complete some games first... :D

31430[/snapback]

AGREED! You must procur a copy of Star Ocean:Until the End of TIme. The game is admittedly "challenging" at points but it truly a great game. From the weapon customization system to the RT battle system! GAH! Coming from playing Star Ocean:The Second Story this game will definently not dissapoint! :D

I have played the original that was available on the SNES, but haven't tried the playstation or ps2 one because I do not have a ps2 and cannot find the one for ps. I liked the storyline of the first one and haven't finished the game, but got really near to the end. I would say Star Ocean is one of my favorite RPG's up to date.