xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Cool_Freaker

Huge Rant On Outsourcing

This is the rant forum right? Spent an hour this morning typing this up about outsourcing in America. It has to stop. I mean seriously. Freaked out of losing my job, and this is not cool, despite my name.Many companies are now outsourcing jobs in the United States for the more preferred work of those outside our country. Although there are many reasons why such actions should be justified, such as a cheaper workforce, this action should be reevaluated on the basis of what a company goals really are. Trading jobs here for jobs overseas is not just at all, but quite the contrary, it is rather detrimental to the United States of America.In the 21st century, businesses are sprouting up every which way from the enterprising entrepreneurs of the new generation. With a larger need for the business related field, more students are choosing it as a major in colleges. With these hopeful youths, the reason to create a business is for money, and to increase their capital. However, there is another reason why businesses are created, the reason behind why the government is willing to help small businesses grow. This reason is to create more jobs in the United States, and with it, lower unemployment, and better the economy. With jobs being shipped to foreign countries the unemployment would go upwards rather than downwards, hurting the economy. Therefore, a new company should not only think of ways to grow, but also ways to help the nation in general by what they are creating.Practicing outsourcing also hurts other countries. The way American corporations are gaining the workforce in foreign countries is because of the relatively high wages compared to other jobs in the corresponding country. This hurts the businesses inside that country, as they cannot hire as efficient workers without the proper finances. While some may argue that with the workforce of that country having jobs, it would help more than hurt them, this is only true to a point. A country can sustain itself by leaning against others and taking whatever leftovers the master country would give. However, once the greater countries that are helping the smaller countries decide to leave them for another yet even cheaper source of work, the country in which help the jobs of U.S. citizens now face a great dilemma. Thousands of workers are out of a job, and with the stunted growth of businesses in the area, few would find another. And this chain can go on indefinitely as new countries arise from the desolate ones that are now willing to work for even less!At first, the nations companies only shipped the blue-collar workers? jobs to other countries, which, in a sense, could be seen as a movement forward in the economic field. By doing this the United States would be leaving an industrial state and going into a post-industrial state focusing mostly on services. In the eyes of comparative politicians, this is indeed a great step forward and can boost the economy to new grounds. I, however, disagree on such a notion. With industrial jobs being shipped overseas, the United States would grow dependant on foreign countries. This could lead to a massive power shift in the future, if countries would start denying the United States products.The country should keep a sector of industry in the United States to not only divert attempts at such a thing, but also open up jobs for the lesser educated. With more students dropping out of school at an early age, there are more people who cannot fulfill the requirements for more complex jobs. The amount of people now dropping out must have now increased to an alarming rate, for not a few years back there were ads to convince students to go back to school. These television ads told of a lack of career opportunities for those who do not have at least a high school education. This shows that the few jobs available to the lesser educated are mostly full and cannot accommodate more people into the system. These jobs are not increasing of course, and with more people without jobs leeching on the government for money, this is an even larger problem for the nation.Japan, however, is buying up American companies, and their growth rate is amazing. Is this not an interesting approach? While we are shipping our industrial sector to other countries, Japan is happily buying up companies. If what we are thinking our strategy would help the country, then would it not follow that Japan?s strategy would bring it to it?s knees? Of course not. This is because the CEO?s of companies are not looking to help the country as much by shipping out their jobs. They are looking for ways to maximize profits or cut losses. In short, people across the nation are losing their jobs so the top echelon of American business owners can get more money. Justice comes from the Latin words ?jus? and ?justitia?, lawful and righteous. Technically people are doing nothing illegal, so such actions are perfectly just. Then one must take in the second part of the definition. By taking jobs away to get more money one is essentially stealing money from others. Would these actions be considered righteous? Would it not be more righteous if companies were willing to sacrifice a fraction of their resources so that more people benefit? Of course, greed is a flaw of humanity, and people voicing their opinions against such ideas are ostracized as being communistic. Perhaps this is why our country is slowly stumbling down the path towards destruction. With trillions of dollars in debt it would take a lot of work on the part of everyone to get this once glorious nation back on it?s tracks.

I can understand your frustration and outsourcing is now becoming a major issue.But as far as I know, All big companies who are serious with their business are not outsourcing. Lets consider the example of support service.Big Companies will never do this, because the quality of support provided by an employee in forign place will be hard to match that of a person of the same country. The accent, General knowledge and everything else matters.But, at the same time, small companies who want cheap labour and want to grow up at the same time providing professional service to their clients (like the big companies), opt for outsourcing, since that will reduce their costs with leaps. Here, you can see, it is helping small companies to grow and also helping the progress of the nation.It is obvious that, if the profits of the companies in a country grow, the economy grows.. However, Outsourcing not only benefits the companies but also the economy of other countries. The downside regarding the hike of un-employment percentage within a nation which heavily outsources is work force does make a bit of sense. But if you look at the diffrent face of the story, you see something else.A company which outsources, generally only outsources a part of their labour. The main office and control still remains in the home country. As outsourcing grows, it creates space for more companies to emerge quickly and creates more room for employment. (no doubt, a part of the work force will be handled by foreign employees).I also feel, Outsourcing should be overlooked as a friendly relationship rather than a mutual war between nations.. :-) If at any point, the country feels that Outsourcing is affecting their nations growth, they will definately cut down on the percentage. After all, the company has nothing to lose.. Its the middle men who get crushed under their decision.

However, Lately GM and Ford are letting employees go to cut losses. Someone needs to be building the cars. Where will the major companies find workers? Foreign countries still hold large populations of unemployed workers that are willing to work for mere pennies a hour. Any good businessman would snap up an opportunity like this.

The reality is, in a capitalist society, the capitalist cares only about how much profit they are making. They don't think about the person they are laying off has a family to feed. They don't care about its workers, but only with how much money they are making. You may say its a lie but its the only truth. NOthing less and nothing more. Don't you wonder that even if there is more than enough resources in the world still millions are dying in hunger and oppression. Its becuase those resources are devided only among the rich elite which are themseleves the capitalist which makes money buy exploiting those who have none. WAR IS PROFITABLE!

Outsourcing is a virus. Sure, it creates jobs for people. Sure, some of them are in the U.S. But, not enough of them are. When I went to the McDonalds drive-thru a couple hours ago, I spoke to a gentleman in Sri Lanka. I live on the west coast of the U.S. There is no reason I should be talking to someone in India via menu speaker when I'm ordering a Big Mac. As for larger companies not outsourcing;T-Mobile outsources (I worked for them)Nextel outsources (I worked for them)McDonalds outsources (see above) ... this is only a couple. I could go to my old employer's website and give you a list of about 100 'major' corporations that use outsourcing. It just seems to be how people want to get the job done these days.The question.. is it worth it? I believe so. There are stories about people losing their jobs due to outsourcing in other countries.. but you never hear about people happily working their job at an outsourcer in America. Though they do take jobs away.. I think they just might make far more job openings here. We'll call them an unavoidable evil. Not really necessary.. but it's there anyway.

This is because they can pay people from outside the united states much much cheaper for their labor, than the united states citizens. I am in a counrty which benefits from the outsourceing business so I am definitely in favor of it. Outsourcing has generated thousands of job for us here, and the business is still growing. Every week on the news papers' classified and job market sections everyone is looking for new employees for call centers and telemarketing. The basic salary is bigger than most professional jobs. And they get wage increase often. That is why some people are shifting from their professional careers to call center jobs.

The basic salary is bigger than most professional jobs. And they get wage increase often. That is why some people are shifting from their professional careers to call center jobs.

Yes, but that's not really a good thing in the bigger picture. Call centers and outsourcers come and go. Consider this scenario:

A fairly profitable company in a foreign country is doing good. The pay is good for that part of the world. But then an American outsource company comes in to do some outsourcing for some random company. They pay their employees 10-25% more than the other company so they take a lot of the other company's employees. Then after there is no longer a need for the outsourcer, they pack up their temporary call center and head back for the states. Leaving a once-profitable company possibly crippled and many people out of a job but with a little bit more cash in their pocket.

Now, I'm not saying this happens everytime or anything. But, having worked with several outsourcers, I know the risks and how often it can happen. I guess paying your employees too much CAN be a problem... even if they're still paying them less than in the states.

I think the government should put huge import fees on anything coming into the country to convince manufactures to move their plants back here. I think this is our last option now. Anytime I call tech surpport to fix my computer, I get a indian. I hate it.