xisto Community
willywonker

Is My Computer Overheated? Please look at the information

My fan smells burned

Is My Computer Overheated?

I started smelling something burning in my room but it was not a strong smell so I paid it no mind. I walked out of the room for about a minute and when I came back my computer was turned off and nothing worked and the lights were off. The smell was stronger so I think it might have been burned out. I have a 2006 computer but I don't exactly know it's processor and stuff. I waited a day but nothing happened and I held the power button down for like 30 seconds but still nothing happened... Can someone help?

-reply by Terranstar

My coputer froze, now it won,t boot up. What now?Is My Computer Overheated?My computer has been slowing down a bit lately, then it froze, after turning it off and then back on, it booted up and came on for 60 seconds and the screen went blank but it sounds like it is running but nothing comes on the monitor. I cleaned out the dust and tried again but still sound of motor running but nothing comes up on the monitor. Help! The monitor is working fine but why won't anything come up? What do I need to do short of buying a new tower and lossing all my stuff.-question by frances

Overheat and internet connectionIs My Computer Overheated?

Hi guys, a question: is the internet connect relates to pc temperature, cause without connection my pc works fine but when I'm connected it starts to heat up?

-reply by Flinn