xisto Community
gta

What Do You Think Long Horn Is Going To Be Like? Operating system

So what do you think windows long horn is going to be like? its true that there are beta copies out on the net but i don't want to take a chance. also when it comes out i will wait a while before geting it. Let others test it and if there are problems with it i stick with my old windows.

I've had Windows XP Codename Longhorn, but it's still sucky. Booting takes century's and starting a simple program like paint takes like 3 minutes. It's still very slow, and ofcourse insecure. I tried alot of versions, but non is good alleady. It's (till now) still (as good as) the same as windows XP. Only thing that is different is the layout... So even if you can, wait downloading it.CAUSE IT (still) SUCKS!!! <_<

So Im a bit confused. I thought that longhorn was just a skin of sorts for the windows operating system and nothing more...I dont really understand how this would increase boot time...unless it has a ton of graphics that must load, or very bad integration. maybe I was misinformed about what longhorn was supposed to do?

Longhorn then BlackComb by any other name it was not XP but Vista's code names and it Bit the dust.

Longhorn then BlackComb by any other name it was not XP but Vista's code names and it Bit the dust.

Yup.....

Longhorn is nothing but vista's codename and after the vista was ready for RTM then this codename was droped and the OS was called as windows vista

Actually, for a little history, Longhorn was originally Vistas codename. Microsoft was forced to pull the first incarnation of Windows Vista because Jim Allchin warned chairman Bill Gates that it was just too hard to work with. He told old Billy Boy that Longhorn at the time was quite simply "not going to work" because it was so complex that Microsoft's developers would never be able to make it run properly. Once the first version of longhorn was pulled thats when it became windows vista until its release. I played around with the longhorn beta and there were sooooo many problems with it I thought I was going to have a seizure. They scrapped itcompletely and rebuilt vista based around windows XP's architecture.