xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

Please Review Hogwartsmagic.net please review this site

what do you mean nothing really jumps out at you, could you list some suggestions? on how to make it happen?

of course.
when designing the colour scheme of a website you can go multple ways, the most popular are having variations of one colour or multiple contrasting colours.
Both have their advantages, but with the mono-tone colour it all seems to blend int oeach other, Where as differernt colours jump out at you and catch your attention.

Since reviewing your website more news has been posted and the "general movies" news image jumps out at you. where as the icons i saw before were very monotone and blended with the rest of the site.

for example, a website i'm making has a majority of purple, but i've included alot of white to contrast it.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

As far as what you can do. . . mmmm bit tricky really. As its a colour scheme issue its best to think about these thigns when your doing initial concepts, and changing it now could make your site look odd if you started edditting things now.

I mean don't get me wrong, its a nice site and its far from a major problem! like i said, its jsut a gripe. It isn't un-useable and doesnt need changing, but a change would improve it in my opinion.

But if you think its fine, and no one else has made the point then you dont have to change it :(

For the "awards" page:I like the snow :(The main heading fits well with the rest of site. I think you only need to change template for cutenews (of thow it out completely). For the "main" page:Well done!Maybe, aligning the page to center would be better. Consider giving it a try.

It looks great, very professional. The only things I would change is centering it on the page, more contrast on the links (lighten the font color up a little), and make the links in a larger size (although younger people may not have trouble reading them, I had to squint a little). People with less than perfect vision could have trouble reading the small font size on the links, and the font color does not provide enough contrast to make it easier to read the links.Main site: Layout and attractiveness - 9.5 (Uncentered it looks lopsided, it bugs me a bit.)Overall - 8.5 (Usability issues with the links as noted above.)Awards Site: Layout and attractiveness - 9.9 Overall - 9.9 (Athough I don't like JS special effects on a page personally, as I leave JS turned off for most sites in my FF browser. But Harry Potter does appeal more to kids, and they would like the snow, I'm sure. In fact, I would say throw in a few more flakes for the kids, lol.)I have seen the first four Harry Potter movies, although I have not read any of the books yet. One of these days, I intend to read the books. My favorite movies so far have been the Sorceror's Stone and Prisoner of Azkaban ones. I'm looking forward to future movies as the kids grow up, it should allow lots of room for character development.

lol, older people *rolls eyes*, joking! but anyways, ok thanx..i wish we could but if the font is increaded anymore it will not fit onto the image area, and like i said before we are always trying to find a way to make it to where the content scrolls but it is not easy...even the top coders on the site couldn't figure out how to finish it off...but we will take the font thing into concideration once we get this cursed thing fixed..as for winter is over, we will be removing the Java Script because it is a snow effect :angry:

hm.. It looks good, but it could be improved. are you going for pro quality? if so, pleaze loose the snow flakes. it's cool I know! but, I personally don't like it. Not to mock you or anything! I love the site, and it is extremely well laid out. pm me if you want me to go through the details, I'm lazy right now. nice work!

Hey your site its very Good, even though i am not a big harry potter
fan, I really like the whole theme and style of it. Both site are excelent

in my opinion i Gave both them 9.7 out 10.

the only Reccomendation i have is that the Layout on

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ , should be alinged centered, The Left

alignment does not really Fit in with the layout of the site. Other than

that your sites are Very very Good....Nice work man!

Couldn't agree more, the left alignment it's a litle strange, if the site were in a center alignment i think it would look better, but hey, just my opinion, other than that, nice job, a very atractive site, congrats.

Stay well.

there is now a new layout, and allot of the extra's to the site are still being re-built so check it out and rate it again if you want :)