xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

Usb Cable Problem Software wont install

I just bought a USB cable to connect my cell phone to my computer. But I'm having problems installing the software. When I go on my computer there is this thing called "USB Driver" that I need to install, but when I click on it to install, nothing happens. Does anyone know what the problem is?

It sounds like it isn't detecting the software. If you have a Windows XP, it automatically detects and installs it. Also, what are you installing? A CD? A floppy? Maybe you could be a little more specific. Maybe then I could understand your problem a little better. Thanks!

hi, I have windows XP and Im trying to install the USB cable for my phone into the computer. When I put the CD in i go to "my computer" and there are 3 things to download: LG USB Driver, PC Sync, and USB Driver. The USB Drivers wont install, I click on it to install and nothing is happening.

Did you try the run buttton? Go to start and click run. Type in your drive letter followed by the symbols. If that doesn't work try right clicking the icon you want to install, and click properties. See if the area it is located in is correct and also see if there is anything there. If it says like only 1kb, it means that there is probably nothing there and I would get a new CD from the company. Good luck!

Hey, can you tell me what phone you have? Also, is there a CD that you have with that cable, or phone, to assist you with the instalation of drivers, or is it just windows reporting what it has found?I'll see to answer back as soon as I can, after you give me some more details :huh:

all you need to do is when you plug on the phone unto the data cable and plug the data cable unto yhe computer you just have to wait a second and look at the downward side of your computer to the right and you will see new hard ware found click on the icon there and then you will see a box comes up click on install and then click next and then click finish after you are finish go to you control panel and click data connections and then click on mak new internet dial up and put in your gprs provider information then click on don then click connect to andthen you will see dial and then click dial and then you will see registering your computer on the network and then you will see you have connected then open your web browser and your ready to start browsing

Edited by antony2kx (see edit history)